+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
From the look of it, this seems to have been a slow week for montreal Candidates till now.
There has never been a "fast" week for Montreal. At most we get 1-2 PPRs a week (at least on this thread). We do have a lot of June candidates so let's see how it is for June.

Reactions: AprAOR08

AprAOR08

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
There has never been a "fast" week for Montreal. At most we get 1-2 PPRs a week (at least on this thread). We do have a lot of June candidates so let's see how it is for June.
True that .. !! Alteast seeing 1-2 PPR each week keeps the hope up. Montreal might be intentionally playing smart by doing that :)

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yes dude... I was really very hopeful that they touch the file today as it is due date. Just finished the call... Due date is moved
Oh I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know what these guys are up to. This is insane. They really need to speed things up.

Reactions: annevn8

AprAOR08

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
Yes dude... I was really very hopeful that they touch the file today as it is due date. Just finished the call... Due date is moved
Just the fact that they do notice the Due Date and still dont bother to take it seriously is very disappointing !!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Just the fact that they do notice the Due Date and still dont bother to take it seriously is very disappointing !!
The due date is irrelevant. It is a system generated date, more like an alarm telling the concerned officer that he has to look into the file. However, based on the GCMS notes, most applications get processed way before the due date, which we all want, or keep sitting way past it.

With things nearing the financial year end, and the holiday season coming up, the delays are normal during this time.

Reactions: annevn8

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
The due date is irrelevant. It is a system generated date, more like an alarm telling the concerned officer that he has to look into the file. However, based on the GCMS notes, most applications get processed way before the due date, which we all want, or keep sitting way past it.

With things nearing the financial year end, and the holiday season coming up, the delays are normal during this time.
Yeah seems so. Plus last 2 weeks of Dec and first week of Jan would see almost no action. So anything which is not completed by 2nd week of Dec will be taken up again only in January.

annevn8

Aug 2, 2017
Yeah seems so. Plus last 2 weeks of Dec and first week of Jan would see almost no action. So anything which is not completed by 2nd week of Dec will be taken up again only in January.
OMG !! that is scary!!! The wait is making hope die everyday....

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
That may not be the case. No doubt action would be a little less, but i checked last years PPR's and there were plenty during end of year and early Jan: ofcourse there were none around christmas and new years. If you think about it, people will continue sending their passports if they get PPR towards end of december.

Reactions: cansha

phoenixsong

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
So I spoke with the Call Center agent today. The last time I called (around a month ago I think) eligibility was not started. Today the agent said it is being reviewed.

Criminality and Security not started.

She said: expected PPR date for my AOR (June 29th) is end of December, early Jan!

So, that's that for me. Nothing until next year! :(

Reactions: cansha and annevn8

Henrho

Nov 8, 2018
Hi Guys!!! My first time posting here on this thread (even on Canadavisa). I read here regularly and must commend you guys (particularly @cansha) for keeping this thread running. Got confirmation mail for PPR today. Got a ghost update on Monday (November 5th) and PR mail came in this morning.

I want you guys to keep the hope alive, the wait will be over soon. We can confirm that Montreal is a 6 months VO, my application will complete 6 months tomorrow. See summary my details below:

FSW Inland
AOR - May 10th
MEP - May 19th
Ghost Update - November 5th
PPR - today Nov 8th
One dependant (Wife). She's outside Canada.
Requested GCMS 3 times. June ending, August ending and two weeks ago (yet to receive this note). 1st gcms was very useful as I realized they needed some extra document (transcript/certificate) to confirm my Canadian degree so I raised CSE and sent to them.

Last edited:

AprAOR08

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
Hi Guys!!! My first time posting here on this thread (even on Canadavisa). I read here regularly and must commend you guys (particularly @cansha) for keeping this thread running. Got confirmation mail for PPR today. Got a ghost update on Monday (November 5th) and PR mail came in this morning.

I want you guys to keep the hope alive, the wait will be over soon. We can confirm that Montreal is a 6 months VO, my application will complete 6 months tomorrow. See summary my details below:

FSW Inland
AOR - May 10th
MEP - May 19th
Ghost Update - November 5th
PPR - today Nov 8th
One dependant (Wife). She's outside Canada.
Requested GCMS 3 times. June ending, August ending and two weeks ago (yet to receive this note). 1st gcms was very useful as I realized they needed some extra document (transcript/certificate) to confirm my Canadian degree so I raised CSE and sent to them.
Congrats man !!! Good to hear the news.
I guess, Montreal was just waiting for us to mark this week as "SLOW" :)