+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Sometimes I get negative thoughts about “80% get PPR within 6 months” rule. What if rest of the 20% are all from slow VOs like Montreal?
But then a positive thought crossed my mind too - what if they start to accelerate now, just to meet their year-end targets?!
Bad day at work for me, so my brain is hooked to Canada dreams
That 80% number has a condition. It's from the date of R10 check. If you read the September and October thread they are no longer doing MEP in 2 weeks. The time is now 3+ weeks. So they have already starting building buffer for their timelines. Also, not all 20% are from slow visa offices.

Here is a back of napkin kind of calculation. As per the CIC data in 2017 56% of applications were either from Canada or USA (Residence country). Let's say 80% of all these application end up in Ottawa ... that is ~44% applications. And this number is very close to the %age of PPR we see in <4 months. And, if you see most people who get PPR <4 months are from Ottawa.

So, at a very basic level Ottawa does bulk of the work in 4 months. But good thing is to meet 80% other visa offices have to chip in. And hence I think Montreal will have to process our application in 6 months ... albeit with 2 week buffer for R10 check.

So you will have your PPR at max by second week of December.

Reactions: bazingaaa

ValuationGuy

Sep 12, 2018
@ValuationGuy , @Revitej_18, @parts007 and @canadianpr123 Folks you should order your GCMS notes if not already. You really need to figure out your eligibility situation especially when file is at Montreal. Do not delay any further.
Hey cansha, yes I actually just received my GCMS notes:

My AOR Jul 12th, IP1/Medicals Jul 31st, RPRF September 7th

Here are my GCMS deets:-
  • Primary office - Montreal Immigration
  • Eligibility - Recommend Passed, Medical Passed, Security and Criminality Not started
  • RPRF says outstanding even though I paid on September 7th. I am planning to raise a web query reattaching my receipt. I am now regretting not having paid RPRF upfront.
  • The analyst notes look all good - Recommend passed. CIO recommends pass criminality. Completed web search on employer. Confirmed NOCs. No red flags that I can see.
  • They last looked at the file on September 7th (same day as I got my RPRF request). No action since then.
  • The EE elgibility check was done at Montreal itself. For some reason I thought it was done earlier. But I am glad to see they are working over there!
Hope this helps!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

• Eligibility - Recommend Passed, Medical Passed, Security and Criminality Not started
  • RPRF says outstanding even though I paid on September 7th. I am planning to raise a web query reattaching my receipt. I am now regretting not having paid RPRF upfront.
  • The analyst notes look all good - Recommend passed. CIO recommends pass criminality. Completed web search on employer. Confirmed NOCs. No red flags that I can see.
  • They last looked at the file on September 7th (same day as I got my RPRF request). No action since then.
  • The EE elgibility check was done at Montreal itself. For some reason I thought it was done earlier. But I am glad to see they are working over there!
Hope this helps!
Hey thanks for sharing. My notes looked almost like yours. So good thing is that there is nothing to worry. Now just hang tight. And do come here often and keep this forum going :)

Y@$h

Nov 13, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2020
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD

Hope this helps!
My notes looked pretty much same.
@cansha - in the notes section where Analyst puts comments, I see some NOTE added, which is mostly around employment. Is that normal?

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Guys, I received my 2nd GCMS yesterday. As at the first GCMS note, there was no eligibility evaluation but this time, my eligibility was done in Montreal. According to the case analyst, my eligibility was recommended for a review. Funny enough, the case analyst stated:
Recommendation: Review Required Summary Note: FSW Points for work experience dropped from 11 to 9 as PA has 1 yr and 8 months from Primary NOC. PA still meets the requirement. Client appear to meet all requirements.

The funny thing about the case analyst is that I claimed just 1 year of work experience. Besides, 1 yr and 2 yrs work experience have the same points. So, I don't see how the work experience dropped from 11 to 9. For my work history, I filled in my IT experience which was 1 yr and 8 months (Primary NOC), my 2 research assistant jobs during my MSc (total of 1yr and 1 month according to the case analyst calculations) and my current teaching assistant (TA) job in Canada (No points was awarded as he/she claimed there wasn't any job description whereas there was). Actually, this TA job in Canada was just to clearly inform CIC of my full work history and not for point purposes. The analyst now flagged the teaching assistant position for additional review whereas he/she already acknowledge that I still met the requirements.

I just don't feel bothered that much as I think am good to know. But I don't know the consequences of the review required in my file. Whether Montreal have where they dump files with review required. Am not sure! What is disturbing me is why the analyst still wants a review while my 1 yr and 8 months Primary NOC is more than enough.

Please your advise will be appreciated. And please what is the scaling of work experience?