+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks. Ironically that sounds like fast, usually when people say direct PPR.
:D:D

Honestly, if look at this very pragmatically if we get PPR in 6 months .. it is actually pretty quick compared to the process of say Australia where it takes 1.5-2 Years or USA where it takes ... God only knows how many years now.

It's just that as humans it is not nice to see people getting it in 1-2 months when we have to wait it out without updates. There is nothing we can do about it. Just hope it happens within 6 months.

Reactions: maverick1982

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
You're correct. Challenges after PPR are even bigger and scarier. But having PPR now would have helped in early planning. I'm more pissed because I had a very good job offer which didn't go through because of PPR. I had started looking for jobs on Linkedin. Now I have turned that flag to no. It will hurt even more if I don't get good calls later on.
Sorry to hear that man. Be positive, i am sure it will all work out in the end. I was negotiating with some US based company to allow work from home from canada and they agreed after initial period of on site if i transferred H1 soon. Unfortunately with delays i doubt it will work now :(..Cannot take H1 risk at this point.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Sorry to hear that man. Be positive, i am sure it will all work out in the end. I was negotiating with some US based company to allow work from home from canada and they agreed after initial period of on site if i transferred H1 soon. Unfortunately with delays i doubt it will work now :(..Cannot take H1 risk at this point.
Yeah this H1 thing is not reliable anymore. Things have not been good. Yeah hoping everything turns out to be fine in the end.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
:D:D

Honestly, if look at this very pragmatically if we get PPR in 6 months .. it is actually pretty quick compared to the process of say Australia where it takes 1.5-2 Years or USA where it takes ... God only knows how many years now.

It's just that as humans it is not nice to see people getting it in 1-2 months when we have to wait it out without updates. There is nothing we can do about it. Just hope it happens within 6 months.
So true, the alternatives are so bad. I did not know australia takes that long.
In US the wait is 150 years if you apply now. They will probably ship it to the funeral home lol. People who applied upto 2012/13 have a chance to get in this lifetime, but they will probably get an RFE at 60 years and die of heart attack :)
Many are getting denials now, even full timers have started getting rejection/issue. Whats worse is they are cutting short from 2 years to 6 months for those trying to amend. I atleast have till 2020 so its a silver lining

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
So true, the alternatives are so bad. I did not know australia takes that long.
In US the wait is 150 years if you apply now. They will probably ship it to the funeral home lol. People who applied upto 2012/13 have a chance to get in this lifetime, but they will probably get an RFE at 60 years and die of heart attack :)
Many are getting denials now, even full timers have started getting rejection/issue. Whats worse is they are cutting short from 2 years to 6 months for those trying to amend. I atleast have till 2020 so its a silver lining
Yeah I actually researched a bit on Australia process is as well. Compared to that process Canada is pretty straightforward. Also, compared to Australia you need lower score in IELTS in Canada. But more than that the biggest hurdle was they certify your work experience as well. In Canada you just need to provide a letter and mostly that's it.

Yeah the data on USA is nightmarish. Hope this works out soon. It will be a big load off my shoulders.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Yeah I actually researched a bit on Australia process is as well. Compared to that process Canada is pretty straightforward. Also, compared to Australia you need lower score in IELTS in Canada. But more than that the biggest hurdle was they certify your work experience as well. In Canada you just need to provide a letter and mostly that's it.

Yeah the data on USA is nightmarish. Hope this works out soon. It will be a big load off my shoulders.
Thanks dude, youve helped a lot with explaining the processes. All the best to everyone on here. I am sure we all are facing similar issues , stress because of this delay.

Reactions: cansha

canadianpr123

Jul 19, 2018
Hi guys,

I also found out that my file is in Montreal VO.

AOR - 9th August
Meds Passed - 29th August
Background Check started - 29th August

Should I order GCMS notes? And if yes, from which site do you recommend?

Thank you.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi guys,

I also found out that my file is in Montreal VO.

AOR - 9th August
Meds Passed - 29th August
Background Check started - 29th August

Should I order GCMS notes? And if yes, from which site do you recommend?

Thank you.
Background check started? How? Are you inland candidate?

Yes you should order gcms notes. You can use gcmsbuddy.com or getgcms.com

canadianpr123

Jul 19, 2018
Background check started? How? Are you inland candidate?

Yes you should order gcms notes. You can use gcmsbuddy.com or getgcms.com
Yes I'm fsw inland candidate

My background Check status says

"We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

That means it has started right?

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018

I guess we all are in the same boat as far as Green Card is concerned. It kinda sucks.

Since your eligibility is recommended passed, there is no reason why it shouldn't work for you.

Reactions: cansha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yes I'm fsw inland candidate

My background Check status says

"We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

That means it has started right?
Yes it means May be criminality check was done for you. But I don’t think security would have started given the way things work at Montreal. We will know more from your gcms notes.

Reactions: canadianpr123

canadianpr123

Jul 19, 2018
Yes it means May be criminality check was done for you. But I don’t think security would have started given the way things work at Montreal. We will know more from your gcms notes.
I have applied for GCMS notes today. Will wait and see what comes up.