+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Nice Analysis, since the volume of FSW applications b/w May and August 2020 were low, it would make sense if they got to post-August 2020 AORs sooner. I too am a Dec 2020 AOR (FSW-O). I'm still fairly optimistic that they will finish evaluating all 2020 AORs by the end of the year
I hope they will.
It seems like this office process CEC and FSW for Canada and US residents only. There are a few applicants living in other countries but I guess they moved after applying. Are you based in the US?

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
I hope they will.
It seems like this office process CEC and FSW for Canada and US residents only. There are a few applicants living in other countries but I guess they moved after applying. Are you based in the US?
Yes, I am in the US.

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
As for CEC, the volumes are a bit different.

There was a high volume of invitations between February and June 2021 and now they are getting scarcer.
If they are now working on CEC applications from March to May 2021, they will probably get more free time to work on ours when they get to CEC AOR July or August 2021 (which I estimate will happen on Dec 21).
Being FSW applicants in Montreal VO and nothing changing much, I expect us with AOR Dec 2020 to get our CoPR around February 2022 or so.
Of course, everything can change overnight if the Minister establishes different priorities.

Reactions: FayRe

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
As for CEC, the volumes are a bit different.

There was a high volume of invitations between February and June 2021 and now they are getting scarcer.
If they are now working on CEC applications from March to May 2021, they will probably get more free time to work on ours when they get to CEC AOR July or August 2021 (which I estimate will happen on Dec 21).
Being FSW applicants in Montreal VO and nothing changing much, I expect us with AOR Dec 2020 to get our CoPR around February 2022 or so.
Of course, everything can change overnight if the Minister establishes different priorities.

Yeah, let's see what happens.

FayRe

Mar 2, 2021
Anyone assigned to D7589?
Hope I'll find out in my next GCMS notes. Up until now my case has not been assigned to any officer yet.
Is D7589 a code for an officer in Montreal VO? Or a code for program assistant in other visa office?Would you please share your AoR and timeline?

Guifig

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Category........
CEC
Hope I'll find out in my next GCMS notes. Up until now my case has not been assigned to any officer yet.
Is D7589 a code for an officer in Montreal VO? Or a code for program assistant in other visa office?Would you please share your AoR and timeline?
Good question, I don’t know if this code is from an Officer in Montreal or other VO.
AOR Feb 16, 2021
Med./Bio: March 5th
No updates after

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Good question, I don’t know if this code is from an Officer in Montreal or other VO.
AOR Feb 16, 2021
Med./Bio: March 5th
No updates after
You have to find the code that starts with RC in your GCMS notes to identify the Visa Office or Case Processing Centre that is responsible for your case.
RC stands for "Responsibility Centre" and the number after it tells where the application is being processed.

Guifig

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Category........
CEC
You have to find the code that starts with RC in your GCMS notes to identify the Visa Office or Case Processing Centre that is responsible for your case.
RC stands for "Responsibility Centre" and the number after it tells where the application is being processed.
My primary VO is Montreal

FayRe

Mar 2, 2021
My primary VO is Montreal
If you requested the long version of GCMS notes (100+ pages), scroll all the way down to the last few pages until you see "NOTES", there should be a paragraph under "Text", that is where an assistant or an officer put down their comments. I am no expert of GCMS notes but my guess is, if you could only see "program assistant" but no "officer" in that text, and the content only declares basic stuffs like reviews on your CRS score, language, education, R10 ok, etc, then your case hasn't been assigned to any officer yet. But Montreal is different, maybe some officer is working on you case but he/she just didn't update the notes.

I see you've waited for 7 months already, did you find any "review required" tag in your GCMS notes?

Guifig

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Category........
CEC
If you requested the long version of GCMS notes (100+ pages), scroll all the way down to the last few pages until you see "NOTES", there should be a paragraph under "Text", that is where an assistant or an officer put down their comments. I am no expert of GCMS notes but my guess is, if you could only see "program assistant" but no "officer" in that text, and the content only declares basic stuffs like reviews on your CRS score, language, education, R10 ok, etc, then your case hasn't been assigned to any officer yet. But Montreal is different, maybe some officer is working on you case but he/she just didn't update the notes.

I see you've waited for 7 months already, did you find any "review required" tag in your GCMS notes?
No review required.

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
Hi Guys,
my case is also pending with Montreal VO.
I am FSW-Inland, waiting since Nov 2020.
even eligibility isn't started.
any updates on what Montreal VO is upto ?