+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

oluwhite

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Hey Guys, I am new on this thread and I also recently found out that my VO is now Montreal:
AOR: Aug 31st 2018
Med Passed: Sometime in Sept 2018
IP2: Sometime in OCT 2018
Married: 15th Dec 2018 (Informed CIC after but they failed to respond or send an adr). sent different reminders and whle trying to gather documents for my spouse....
FirstPPR: Jan 14th...Submit Passport or update your application (CIO) Nova Scotia
Decided to decline passport submission but update status for my spouse
Submitted new docs for spouse and spouse got added sometime week of 21st January
Called CIC agent and was informed my file has been transferred to Montreal VO and that my wife's info will have to be evaluated and then added to mine on completion
Asked about Spousal status: Was told Eligibility completed, Medical Passed, Criminality which includes Background check ongoing
6 months bar will be completed Feb 28th which is in three days
Ordered GCMS notes FEb 21st but yet to receive it
Forgot to mention that I am an Inland applicant while my wife resides in the US
She has been denied visa to Canada four times in the past (Three times on educational grounds and once on a temporary visit)
Waiting for new PPR email that will also include my spouse...

Reactions: smash1984

oluwhite

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
I had the option to either get it or add my spouse updated in my application....I chose the later cos I didn't wanna wait to sponsoe her after getting mine
congratulations on getting your PPR. Hopefully wife will get it soon.
I din't get mine....

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
yeah, i meant at least your own profile is fine. I don't think they will re-evaluate your profile again. They will probably just check if your wife is eligible to come. so yours is probably as good as done.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
No, my notes are still pending- but I feel the issue with the logo and the visa refusal can come up in my notes as well.
Then wait on notes. As I said not all agents are the same. No neee to provide documents for something which may not be an issue.

kruhiputar

Mar 22, 2018
So the 18000 backlog comes back. A judge ordered to start processing those applications again. Which might explain the slow pace for fsw applications at Montreal

https://www.cicnews.com/2019/02/quebec-judge-orders-province-to-continue-processing-skilled-worker-program-applications-0211937.html/amp
Well, that's good news, really. Have it been otherwise, we'd have been applying to live in a country with some bluntly concerning (immigration) policies and loose legal mechanisms, which render thousands of people's lives meaningless.

Thanks for sharing the link. We'll get our statuses and opportunities, just a month or seven later. :)

Reactions: annevn8

JohnsonRock

Nov 15, 2018
Michigan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Well, that's good news, really. Have it been otherwise, we'd have been applying to live in a country with some bluntly concerning (immigration) policies and loose legal mechanisms, which render thousands of people's lives meaningless.

Thanks for sharing the link. We'll get our statuses and opportunities, just a month or seven later. :)
That's true. Just that the wait is excruciating.

Though, I agree that it's much better to wait for a merit based system to work than to play the mega lotto in a luck based immigration system for "Merit based" H1B visa category. Life on F1 :oops:

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Does anyone know what happened to those two cases where people were waiting for their passports after PPR.
Which two people? Sorry have been out of the loop here, more on what's app group, people messaging me at midnight :). Filling up FedEx seems to be most confusing for people

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
So the 18000 backlog comes back. A judge ordered to start processing those applications again. Which might explain the slow pace for fsw applications at Montreal

https://www.cicnews.com/2019/02/quebec-judge-orders-province-to-continue-processing-skilled-worker-program-applications-0211937.html/amp
"When Bill 9 was introduced, Jolin-Barrette said dismissing the application backlog was necessary so the government could focus on selecting candidates in the Expression of Interest pool and reduce processing times from 36 months to six months."

Doesn't sound like it affects us.

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
"When Bill 9 was introduced, Jolin-Barrette said dismissing the application backlog was necessary so the government could focus on selecting candidates in the Expression of Interest pool and reduce processing times from 36 months to six months."

Doesn't sound like it affects us.
Montreal VO report to IRCC(Canada immigration) and CSQ is processed at Midi (Ministry of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion).

The only thing slow Montreal down is to process too many refugee cases. the CSQ would not affect FSW processing at all.

Refugee processing time has been trimmed down to 22 month from earlier 34-36 month. We shall know what have been cooking at Montreal VO's backyard

source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/canada-appointment-only.html#qc

https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/home.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Pringles226

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
This week has been kinda quiet. Montreal what is happening? Lets see what the rest of the week brings. Hopefully more PPRs are dished out for the rest of the July folks waiting

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
For those who sent their passports for stamping, here is what I found out today:
I sent my passport on the 13th and they "received" it on the 14th of Feb.
The Call Center agent said they received it on the 21st, which is a week later. I asked how come because it was signed for on the 14th. She said it goes to their mail room first. So it sat in their mail room for a whole week. (Whoever is in charge of their mail collection needs to be appraised)
I should not be expecting it anytime soon I guess, since it was recorded to be received on the 21st as opposed to the 14th

Reactions: cansha