+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Time and time again, people have said that it is best to maintain the funds till approved and even till after landing because it is clearly stated on their website. I understand that it can be difficult to maintain that huge amount of money for a loong time, in our case 6months or more especially when you have needs, bills and things to use money for. But if you can do your best to get the money back to the minimu it would be great. Some people have been asked to show updated statement of account. Someone was even asked to show statement of account from AOR till the date of the letter sent. So its always safest to maintain it so as not to take any chances
I agree with all the points here and would advise same i.e. maintain your funds till the time you land if possible. To answer the question POF check is done at the eligibility stage. However, we have seen atleast two cases on this thread where people were asked to submit updated POF.

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
I agree with all the points here and would advise same i.e. maintain your funds till the time you land if possible. To answer the question POF check is done at the eligibility stage. However, we have seen atleast two cases on this thread where people were asked to submit updated POF.
Thank you @cansha for clarifying on this. may be i could arrange for some and deposit money to the account but i might have to deposit it in installments i guess right? i mean gift deed would be ideal for a lump sum yeah?

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
Time and time again, people have said that it is best to maintain the funds till approved and even till after landing because it is clearly stated on their website. I understand that it can be difficult to maintain that huge amount of money for a loong time, in our case 6months or more especially when you have needs, bills and things to use money for. But if you can do your best to get the money back to the minimu it would be great. Some people have been asked to show updated statement of account. Someone was even asked to show statement of account from AOR till the date of the letter sent. So its always safest to maintain it so as not to take any chances
Thank you for clarifying on this.
I am about to sell my vehicle and was planning to deposit that cash directly, but will that be a problem or do i have to get a gift deed ? or can i, may be deposit it in installments ? which is ideal ?

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
I am assuming that increase in funds is not an issue? Ive been transferring more money to checking. My savings (which is more than enough for pof requirement) has stayed the same. But the statements are combined so it shows both.

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
Reposting from another thread for more insight:
I do have a question..Um an outlander, So if my application is in Montreal (which is the case) , will it be moved to a visa office where I reside, or will it stay there till they finalize it in Montreal, I mean which one that does generate the golden e-mail ?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Reposting from another thread for more insight:
I do have a question..Um an outlander, So if my application is in Montreal (which is the case) , will it be moved to a visa office where I reside, or will it stay there till they finalize it in Montreal, I mean which one that does generate the golden e-mail ?
We had one such case on this thread, where the person was in India and the file moved to NDVO and NDVO sent PPR. But all the processing was done in Motreal. But, in my experience such files are rare. Most cases in Montreal are candidates based in either US or Canada.

Reactions: M_A and tobs

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Happy New Year everyone!

My guess is from tomorrow onward we will see some traction in July files from Montreal. They appear to have reached last week of June AORs and hence would move on to July for sure in coming week.

I think guys with Ghost updates from Montreal from previous month AORs may also hear back in upcoming week.

Reactions: M_A and tobs

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
We had one such case on this thread, where the person was in India and the file moved to NDVO and NDVO sent PPR. But all the processing was done in Motreal. But, in my experience such files are rare. Most cases in Montreal are candidates based in either US or Canada.
thnx mate

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
Happy New Year everyone!

My guess is from tomorrow onward we will see some traction in July files from Montreal. They appear to have reached last week of June AORs and hence would move on to July for sure in coming week.

I think guys with Ghost updates from Montreal from previous month AORs may also hear back in upcoming week.
hope so..with my aor being late in July : 30 , um not so sure when will be my turn, already stepped into the sixth month ..
hope u a speedy end to ur wait.. happy new year

le_eddz

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Any idea if Montreal officers are being extra strict with requiring more documents or asking for interviews? Or are they just like officers in different visa offices?