+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal: TEST to DM to OATH

run-Man

Star Member
Jun 15, 2014
Nov applicant.
Test yesterday.
No DM.
Interview was fine. she told 1 - 3 months for oath.
other officer told someone that it takes more than 4 months.

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
Guys just out of curiosity... what happens if our application does in facts takes more then the 12monrths? What can we do about it?

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
Guys just out of curiosity... what happens if our application does in facts takes more then the 12monrths? What can we do about it?
Realistically, nothing happens. The 12-month duration is a target, it's not a "service level agreement". IRCC does not HAVE to process the application within 12 months, but what is certain is that agents answering the phone can't tell you any longer to keep waiting. You may be able to request more information on what is taking so long, and get some answers, but I don't think there's anything that can be done to "speed things up".

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

hstubc

Aug 10, 2011
Congrats! I hope you’ll have it for then. I think Montreal office does things last minute so 2 weeks notice does not sound unreasonable. Best wishes!

Reactions: run-Man

ARZBAB

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Hello guys,
I did my test on February 2018 and still my status is "in process". The agent told me that you will receive the oath letter max in 3 months but nothing has happened in more than 5 months now. is anyone with the same situation here?
Thanks

flyingscottie

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Hello guys,
I did my test on February 2018 and still my status is "in process". The agent told me that you will receive the oath letter max in 3 months but nothing has happened in more than 5 months now. is anyone with the same situation here?
Thanks
When did you finally get the Oath letter? How long did it take?