+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MONTREAL - Test November 1st 2013

MTLtee

Nov 30, 2013
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone took the test on November 1st 2013 in Montreal (or around that time) and if you received the oath letter by now.
Also, how was your interview experience?

I found mine a bit odd, it didn't last more than 5-7 minutes, and the officer just asked me what I do (responded: I'm still a student and provided proof). Also, in my file, I had the translated stamps, which he said he needs to verify in his office..he didn't even go through my passport. He said the photocopy and translated documents are enough..

Thoughts? RQ on it's way? Although I handed him full proof of me being a student for 4 years and still am a student.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What's your timeline?

Check Montreal timelines to get an idea: http://goo.gl/lUBHpj

It's too early for November test takers to be invited for oath. Average period is 2-4 months after test.

Your interview experience is nothing extraordinary, don't stress about RQ as it can drive you crazy.

If you won't get a ceremony invitation or RQ in the next 3 months, then likelihood or RQ vs. oath will start to increase.

Sometimes RQ is sent 6-8 months after test, but ceremony is scheduled earlier, if there are no issues with case.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess, you can call CIC and find out result by now.

I've seen reports people calling after test, but long before ceremony and were told that their case was either "approved" or "hearing is required (meaning RQ is likely to come)". Approval likely means a judge's approval, which would mean that chances that case will be pulled from a track to ceremony are low after that. In this case it happened 2 weeks after test (from forum.immigrer.com):

"Salut a tous j ai envoye ma demande de citoyennete le 1 novembre 2011 demande reçu le 31 janvier 2012 début du traitement le 15 août 2013 examen passe le 30 octobre 2013 réussit à 100% ce matin j ai appelé cic il m ont dit que ma demande a été approuvée le 15 novembre 2013 donc je suis en attente de la cérémonie alors fatiflor tu peux appelé pour voir ton statut bonne chance a tous."

MTLtee

Nov 30, 2013
I called CIC and the agent's response was that the file is "still in process" after the test.