+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal inland landing (walk-in)

andienzen

Jan 15, 2019
Hi everyone,

I just received PPR and would like to do the landing as soon as I receive CoPR. Preferably directly at the Montreal IRCC office (1025 St Jacques) without going to the border (would save me the hassle of renting a car, driving down there, flagpoling, etc.).

Has anyone done inland landing recently? How long is the waiting time for an appointment? If I do book an appointment but then decide to go to the border after all, will there be any issue landing at the border?

I've read that some people landed at the Montreal IRCC office without an appointment (walk-in based, https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/inland-landing-interview-question.589786/#post-7728442) in early 2019. Has anyone landed at the IRCC Montreal office without an appointment recently?

Thanks in advance!

andienzen

Jan 15, 2019
Hi everyone,

I just received PPR and would like to do the landing as soon as I receive CoPR. Preferably directly at the Montreal IRCC office (1025 St Jacques) without going to the border (would save me the hassle of renting a car, driving down there, flagpoling, etc.).

Has anyone done inland landing recently? How long is the waiting time for an appointment? If I do book an appointment but then decide to go to the border after all, will there be any issue landing at the border?

I've read that some people landed at the Montreal IRCC office without an appointment (walk-in based, https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/inland-landing-interview-question.589786/#post-7728442) in early 2019. Has anyone landed at the IRCC Montreal office without an appointment recently?

Thanks in advance!
Fur future applicants: The Montreal IRCC office (St Jacques St.) does not require you to make an appointment to land. You can simply show up on a walk-in basis. I did this on Sept 25, 2019. The process was really simple: I showed my passport and CoPR at the entrance to get into the building, then again at the reception. They kept my CoPR and told me to wait until an officer calls me. I waited about 10-15 mins followed by a 5-10 interview with an immigration officer. Documents I showed: CoPR, passport, CSQ, current work permit. I arrived there at 3:30 pm, the waiting room was completely empty when I arrived and relatively empty when I left. All in all a very pleasant experience. Much less stressful than flagpoling at the border!

EP2015

Mar 7, 2019
Fur future applicants: The Montreal IRCC office (St Jacques St.) does not require you to make an appointment to land. You can simply show up on a walk-in basis. I did this on Sept 25, 2019. The process was really simple: I showed my passport and CoPR at the entrance to get into the building, then again at the reception. They kept my CoPR and told me to wait until an officer calls me. I waited about 10-15 mins followed by a 5-10 interview with an immigration officer. Documents I showed: CoPR, passport, CSQ, current work permit. I arrived there at 3:30 pm, the waiting room was completely empty when I arrived and relatively empty when I left. All in all a very pleasant experience. Much less stressful than flagpoling at the border!
Thanks a lot for this info. May I ask you. please. if the interview is was in French or English? what kind of questions they are asking? I asked from IRCC during the federal application, to have the correspondence in french and interview in English. Thank you

andienzen

Jan 15, 2019
Thanks a lot for this info. May I ask you. please. if the interview is was in French or English? what kind of questions they are asking? I asked from IRCC during the federal application, to have the correspondence in french and interview in English. Thank you
They speak whatever language you prefer. In Montreal, it might happen that they speak to you in French first if they didn't have a look at your CoPR first. In that case, you can simply politely state that you are more comfortable in English and they will switch without any issue. They will test your level of French even if applied in the PEQ category.

As to the "interview": They really didn't ask me much. Main questions were when and where I entered Canada for the first time (not as a visitor but as a student or worker) and when and where I entered last time I can back from a trip. Then, they will ask you the standard question if you have ever been convicted of a crime and if you have any other dependents than the ones listed on your CoPR. If everything is in order, the immigration officer and you will sign the CoPR and you will have officially become a permanent resident!

Bear in mind that my experience above refers to the landing procedure after your application has already been approved by IRCC, i.e. you have received your CoPR and, if applicable, landing visa (printed in your passport) by mail and your myCIC account says "Approved". If you get called in for an interview without receiving your CoPR beforehand, the interview questions can differ.

chocococo

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!
Congrats on your PR!! We received a DM letter saying the Montréal office would contact us to schedule an appointment. Was this what you received as well? I'm just so impatient for my spouse to get his PR, if we can just show up without an appointment, that would be awesome!

Newlife15

Feb 6, 2019
Congrats on your PR!! We received a DM letter saying the Montréal office would contact us to schedule an appointment. Was this what you received as well? I'm just so impatient for my spouse to get his PR, if we can just show up without an appointment, that would be awesome!
I don't think so that with a DM you can walk in. You have to wait and receive a letter from montreal immigration , which basically will ask you to call or will have an appointment date. It's that letter from montreal immigration, you cann use for a walk in.
I am also waiting for the same received DM in feb 20.
Did you receive anything after that.
Let me know and if I receive I will do the same.
Cheers

chocococo

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
I don't think so that with a DM you can walk in. You have to wait and receive a letter from montreal immigration , which basically will ask you to call or will have an appointment date. It's that letter from montreal immigration, you cann use for a walk in.
I am also waiting for the same received DM in feb 20.
Did you receive anything after that.
Let me know and if I receive I will do the same.
Cheers
Hi! Congrats on DM and thanks for the info. We still haven’t received anything from the Montreal office... getting impatient, as it is the final step!

Reactions: Newlife15

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Thos talking about ppr and copr, were you inland or outland? I was told inland dont get any copr before the interview thus cant flagpole and cant walk in. Pls confirm what is the difference if any between letter from montreal immigration and copr

Pls note our application is family sponsorship but i dont think it makes a difference

chocococo

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
Any news today ?
My lawyer mentioned it takes 2 to 3 weeks max
Still nothing... Someone who received the DM letter on Feb 24 already received the pre-landing letter from the Montreal Office. I don't understand how they go about treating our files.

chocococo

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
Any news today ?
My lawyer mentioned it takes 2 to 3 weeks max
So I just called the Call Centre (again), they say that the Montreal Office has up to 8 weeks to contact us. That even though others may have been contacted already, it's normal and we have to wait.

It just seems very frustrating to me that they don't treat our files on a first-come-first-served basis. This whole process has been very arbitrary.

Newlife15

Feb 6, 2019
So I just called the Call Centre (again), they say that the Montreal Office has up to 8 weeks to contact us. That even though others may have been contacted already, it's normal and we have to wait.

It just seems very frustrating to me that they don't treat our files on a first-come-first-served basis. This whole process has been very arbitrary.
I called ircc before seeing your post and they said the same thing ...8 weeks and possiblity that it can be before.
Let's keep our fingers crossed . I suppose we would get it at the same time or a difference of a week as our DM was week apart with you being the early one :)

Reactions: chocococo