+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal has been selected as a pilot for the new citizenship procedure???

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
Hi guys,

As we all know, Montreal is really slow in the citizenship process.

But some of one friends says now, Montreal is selected as a pilot for the new citizenship procedure, namely, if you pass the Exam, you may directly go to oath immediately?

One of my friend did go through this process, and he had the oath 30 mins after the exam?

Any ideas about this?

BTW, I submitted at the end of June 2014. they started processing my case on Oct 3rd, and no more news at this moment...

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flamingteeth said:
One of my friend did go through this process, and he had the oath 30 mins after the exam?
Any ideas about this?
I think this is the first post I read about the Oath after test on same day. Your friend can confirm better.
Also ask him/her
*if he/she had application number starting with C#****** and got email AOR.

Applicants like us who are part of the new application procedure got email-AOR (no postal mail or any communication) and do not have eCAS access.
You are in a better position than us as you have eCAS access.

In any case what you heard from your friend (Test and Oath same day) if that is true; it is really a good news for all applicants.

Thanks.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like the news is true few other applicants from Montreal posted today that id test and interview will be successful the oath will be scheduled same day.
Hope all other center put this in effect. :)

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
have you heard anything about Ottawa? believe me Montreal 's process is faster than Ottawa's. any way, this is good for you guys. wish you good luck all.

hehemie2

Aug 4, 2011
Yes it is true. I am in Montreal and several friends of mine had the test and oath in the same day.

Rob51

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flamingteeth said:
Hi guys,

But some of one friends says now, Montreal is selected as a pilot for the new citizenship procedure, namely, if you pass the Exam, you may directly go to oath immediately?

Any ideas about this?

BTW, I submitted at the end of June 2014. they started processing my case on Oct 3rd, and no more news at this moment...
This will happen in Québec city this week. I have to let check my documents (exempted from the test) and afterwards it will be the ceremony.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flamingteeth said:
Hi guys,

Any ideas about this?

There are a few applicants in this thread that confirm this.. Oath and test on same day.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
There are a few applicants in this thread that confirm this.. Oath and test on same day.
if that is the case then we are basically waiting for test+ceremony.
well, don't put too much expectations still, this is from unconfirmed resource...

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
if that is the case then we are basically waiting for test+ceremony.
well, don't put too much expectations still, this is from unconfirmed resource...
Well, there's also the chance of getting RQ (pre/post test), mini-RQ, or fingerprint request.

huerlaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am curious to know if they inform the person about this or they just tell them after the applicant has passed the test and interview ?

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
huerlaw said:
I am curious to know if they inform the person about this or they just tell them after the applicant has passed the test and interview ?
they tell u in advance

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
huerlaw said:
I think the new process started on applications that were processed on or after August 1st, so may be that's why it doesn't apply to you.

huerlaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
I think the new process started on applications that were processed on or after August 1st, so may be that's why it doesn't apply to you.
thanks for the info.