Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
09-11-2020
Passport Req..
29-09-2021
LANDED..........
07-2013
I’m so happy to see a few long time DM’s getting oath date, that makes me more hopeful that they are trying to clear the backlog and that I won’t have to wait too long.

candinavian

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Montreal
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
09-11-2020
Passport Req..
29-09-2021
LANDED..........
07-2013
How long have you been waiting?
I just waited a while for DM since test in July, just got DM Dec 18th.

now that MaryC and happysheep got their oaths, are you the one waiting for oath the longest since DM that haven’t gotten it yet? Or who else is still waiting?

Reactions: NMontD

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I just waited a while for DM since test in July, just got DM Dec 18th.

now that MaryC and happysheep got their oaths, are you the one waiting for oath the longest since DM that haven’t gotten it yet? Or who else is still waiting?
I've been waiting since August. Some other applicants have been waiting since March and even Jan 2021

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
congrates my friend. so happy for you, @happysheep and @MaryC
How long have you been waiting?
I’m so happy to see a few long time DM’s getting oath date, that makes me more hopeful that they are trying to clear the backlog and that I won’t have to wait too long.
Thank you very much! I sincerely wish you all the best and hope you get the great news very very soon!

I got my DM on June 30. I got the Oath date on December 24. The ceremony will be on January 21.

I waited almost 6 months and was getting very worried and frustrated. The tears of joy were real guys :)

Never thought I would wait this long after DM though.

Note: I emailed them (used the citizenship test email) 2 weeks ago saying that I was waiting for a very long time, that I was concerned about my application, etc. They never replied. This most probably did nothing, but I think it's worth mentioning, we never know..

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Thank you very much! I sincerely wish you all the best and hope you get the great news very very soon!

I got my DM on June 30. I got the Oath date on December 24. The ceremony will be on January 21.

I waited almost 6 months and was getting very worried and frustrated. The tears of joy were real guys :)

Never thought I would wait this long after DM though.

Note: I emailed them (used the citizenship test email) 2 weeks ago saying that I was waiting for a very long time, that I was concerned about my application, etc. They never replied. This most probably did nothing, but I think it's worth mentioning, we never know..
Congrats. I have a question (possibly naïve) regarding the email: Did you include your application number and other details in the email, or your just replied to the test email since it was directed to your email address?

Reactions: MaryC

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Congrats. I have a question (possibly naïve) regarding the email: Did you include your application number and other details in the email, or your just replied to the test email since it was directed to your email address?
There's no such a thing, naive questions ;)

I replied to the test email, but still mentioned my application number (and my husband's - we're a family (2) application) and also mentioned the day I passed the test. Then I said I was concerned about our application because a lot of time had passed and according to official website: "The ceremony will usually take place within 3 months after your test."

You can read that here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html

I received an automatic email saying they would reply only to emails about test and everything else would be deleted.

2 weeks afterwards, I got my Oath date. I can't say if this helped or not, but it does not hurt to try, right?

Last edited:

candinavian

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Montreal
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
09-11-2020
Passport Req..
29-09-2021
LANDED..........
07-2013
So there’s at least one DM in March and April left.
Who’s the Jan 2021 DM?

voloskaya

Jan 17, 2022
One more data point for others that might be waiting:

I passed the exam for the first time in November 2020, but the exam website had a bug where they couldn't register images from my webcam, so had to contact them and wait 5 more months to get a new exam date in March.
DM in June, and finally got scheduled for oath ceremony for Jan 24th.
I imagine the reason it took this long is because my application got classified as complex after the webcam issue.

However I still did not receive the email for the ceremony with 1 week to go, so I might not be done just yet...

@MaryC When did you receive the email for the ceremony roughly? (if you did receive it)

Reactions: PEQ2013