+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montréal Applicants Oct. 2017 after C6

Snowlady

Aug 22, 2018
I am the same. I applied in Oct., AoR in Oct. 30, IP since Jan. 20th and NO TEST INVITE YET.... I think the 12 month processing window may not apply for us since there is no way we can take the test and DM and oath in the next 2.5months, given how slow montreal office is and what others experiences have been in this post.... :( I am very frustrated....
I’m same boat with you Do you get test invited?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
I can’t believe I am finally writing this... after a hard, harsh, harmful endless journey my process finally came to the end

Sent: Oct 12
AOR: Nov 7
IP: Jan 8
Test: Feb14
RQ Rcvd: Mar 16
RQ Sent: Apr O4
DM: Aug 7
Oath Email: Aug 20
Oath Ceremony: SEP 6 <3

I can’t emphasize enough how much I hated this process... it was crazy unfair (personally)... been in Canada since Aug 25 2007!!!!! C-24—C-6, RQ....

Can’t believe I m becoming CITIZEN tho!!!!! No more visa BS...

J’espère juste qu’un jour je finirai bien par oublier cette expérience désagréable/désastreuse.

Have a good one everyone and I pray all of you here get ur oath sooner then later.

GOD BLESS CANADA
Félicitations!!

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

tbakirmtl

Jun 19, 2017
Montreal
AOR Received.
29-11-2017
LANDED..........
21-04-2011
Had my Oath Ceremony today in Montreal. It was an overall pleasant experience [not to mention life changing].
I was there at 13:00 as indicated on the Invitation Letter, there is a registration process that took some time.
The ceremony itself started at 14:00 and took 1 hour. Then the certificates were handed out individually which took some time.
All staff was friendly and helpful.
We were 260 attendants.

There was no review on the documents [the originals that we had originally submitted].
PR Cards were surrendered, we did sign an attestation that everything was goos with the police and a release for any photos taken durring the ceremony.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions...
Best of luck to all :)

BesoBassem

Oct 11, 2017
hey guys, for those of you who did fingerprint before the test, how long did it take them to invite you for the test after fingerprint?

I did mine four weeks ago and they told me the result will go to CIC in 7-10 business day, so it should be there now. I called the CIC and they told me the fingerprint is not there yet (or hasn't been opened it).... I asked them about 12month processing period and was told that 12month is only an average. the actual processing, especially if FP is required can take longer... :(
good to know :( i did my fingerprint last April and they got it and no invitation yet ........

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
I took my oath on Wednesday 22nd last week and became Canadian.
There were 275 people from 54 different nations (morning session), it took us approximately 1 hour, and the lady officer asked all the children to move to the front to sing the national anthem.

Thank you everyone for your help and assistance, I wish you all a quick end to your path to citizenship.

Reactions: initial and egghead

lilzz

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Montreal
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
05-06-2015 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
none - Visa Exempt Country
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2015
LANDED..........
25-07-2015
Hey Montrealers! Sorry if this has already been answered but - how early approximately do they send out ceremony oath invitations?
I ask because I received my test invite just 10 days before the actual date which felt really short... (have to arrange time off with work etc). Do they send out oath invite earlier than that, maybe one month before actual ceremony?

Thanks!

Ornob

Oct 16, 2013
Hey Montrealers! Sorry if this has already been answered but - how early approximately do they send out ceremony oath invitations?
I ask because I received my test invite just 10 days before the actual date which felt really short... (have to arrange time off with work etc). Do they send out oath invite earlier than that, maybe one month before actual ceremony?

Thanks!
2 weeks

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.