+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montréal Applicants Oct. 2017 after C6

gino007

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
@vincetoul Congrats! I believe you had a post in which you mentioned you had to provide extra docs. As this is the case for me, can I ask if you recieved the CIT 0520 to provide the extra docs?

Yeah !!! Ecas changed this morning for me !! Please update the October sheet for:
Oath invite: 16th May (not received yet)
Oath date : June 19th !!
(Location: Montreal)

So happy, thanks to all of you on the forum for the expercience sharing and support, and good luck to all that are still waiting, it will come !

Will keep you updated with passport request as I will need it extremely urgently after oath.

nina_bg

Jul 23, 2010
application sent- Oct 3rd wk, 2017
AOR- Dec 18, 2017
EXam - March 12, 2018
oath--- waiting

hey, guys just wanted to ask if you already have your oathtaking date?

i am asking because, my friend and I took the exam the same day and she just had her OAthtaking yesterday. I just thought all exam taker ON THE same day has the same oath taking day? I called cic today, took 45mins before the answered my call! the agent said i canT do nothing about it but JUSTwait and checked my ecas. MY ecas is decision made.

i have read online that there are some cases where cic sent an email but some applicants havent received it and they were ask to submit an explanation why they have not attended the oathtaking ceremony.

your feedback are appreciated.

vincetoul

Mar 15, 2018
@vincetoul Congrats! I believe you had a post in which you mentioned you had to provide extra docs. As this is the case for me, can I ask if you recieved the CIT 0520 to provide the extra docs?
Yes I received the CIT0520 with the checklist of docs to provide them. I changed to DM 2 weeks after they received the docs. Hope that helps & good luck

Reactions: gino007

Libanais

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
inchalla soon
VISA ISSUED...
inshalla
Finally I got my oath invitation I’m oct applicant , changed yesterday on my cas. I didnt received yet by email , 19 June at 1 o’clock

Anayanagi

May 17, 2018
Hi! Good day! Need help since its confuses me. We arrived in canada in toronto is the port of entry. Upon interview the immigration officer ask where to mail the pr card and we gave the friend's address in toronto and then flew to montreal since my mom live there. Question: do I need to put the address in toronto in applying for citizenship? We did not stay in toronto address. We stayed and reside here in montreal. Please help..

gino007

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Yes I received the CIT0520 with the checklist of docs to provide them. I changed to DM 2 weeks after they received the docs. Hope that helps & good luck
Wow thats helpful! Who says Montreal is slow? :D Thanks a lot and enjoy becoming Canadian soon!!!

LNZ

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Finally I got my oath invitation I’m oct applicant , changed yesterday on my cas. I didnt received yet by email , 19 June at 1 o’clock
Congrats!! finally some movements. Check you junk inbox just in case. anyways you're done!!

LNZ

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Hi! Good day! Need help since its confuses me. We arrived in canada in toronto is the port of entry. Upon interview the immigration officer ask where to mail the pr card and we gave the friend's address in toronto and then flew to montreal since my mom live there. Question: do I need to put the address in toronto in applying for citizenship? We did not stay in toronto address. We stayed and reside here in montreal. Please help..
You should apply from where you currently reside. the port of entry is irrelevant.
good luck

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
No, since you didn't live there.

Reactions: Anayanagi

LNZ

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
application sent- Oct 3rd wk, 2017
AOR- Dec 18, 2017
EXam - March 12, 2018
oath--- waiting

hey, guys just wanted to ask if you already have your oathtaking date?

i am asking because, my friend and I took the exam the same day and she just had her OAthtaking yesterday. I just thought all exam taker ON THE same day has the same oath taking day? I called cic today, took 45mins before the answered my call! the agent said i canT do nothing about it but JUSTwait and checked my ecas. MY ecas is decision made.

i have read online that there are some cases where cic sent an email but some applicants havent received it and they were ask to submit an explanation why they have not attended the oathtaking ceremony.

your feedback are appreciated.
As I can read from many many posts on this forum, there seems to be no logical pattern to who gets processed first. There are too many variables but what seems to be constant in Montreal is that the oath takes considerable longer than other provinces (around 2 months). This waiting is only counted from the DM date and not from the exam date. In any case you have 2 ways to get notified for the Oath: Email and Ecas. Most times the email comes before the Ecas update but not always. As you can see with our friend on this page above he got the Ecas updated before he received the mail. All you (and I ) can do is wait.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question/suggestion regarding the spreadsheet. Why not order it by location first as the delay really vary from place to place?
(I know that's the first thing I do when I open it to check if there are new dates in Montreal for test)
We admins do not have permissions to sort any other way than selecting from the drop down (only 1 option). The Spreadsheet is carefully created by @Chi2Van (wonderful work in envisioning and implementing it). You can download the spreadsheet by just a click and play with the data or sort as you like.

Last edited:

nina_bg

Jul 23, 2010
As I can read from many many posts on this forum, there seems to be no logical pattern to who gets processed first. There are too many variables but what seems to be constant in Montreal is that the oath takes considerable longer than other provinces (around 2 months). This waiting is only counted from the DM date and not from the exam date. In any case you have 2 ways to get notified for the Oath: Email and Ecas. Most times the email comes before the Ecas update but not always. As you can see with our friend on this page above he got the Ecas updated before he received the mail. All you (and I ) can do is wait.
Thanks

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
So they haven't planned any ceremony from the 24th of may to the 19th of june. It's crazy, how come no other office slacks this much in the whole country ??