+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montréal Applicants Oct. 2017 after C6

sanjijoon

Apr 23, 2018
Sorry to hear that too :-( I wish (pray god almighty) we all get done fast and FAIRLY asap I am really sick of waiting wana move on and make plans like normal people.
I had sacrificed enough for this bs.
I know they working on mine the question is for how long? Like do they really need this much time checking on 1 applicant?! (Again I been here 11years!) pretty much feels “Canadian” already.
Do you have a green card?

Qcludovic

Jun 10, 2017
Anyone from rimouski here.. they have their skedule for oath now.. just wondering if u have takenthe test already or the test and oath day will be the same.. im anxious that i will be in rimouski just 1 hr and 15 mins driving than in quebec which is 2 hrs and half from my place

sanjijoon

Apr 23, 2018
Decision made today after 3 weeks/ Montreal office:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 3, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on November 22, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 3, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 20

Reactions: initial

LNZ

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Yesterday was a good day for Montreal Office. Congrats to those who received a communication.
back to sleep today... ;)

Khalid22

Jun 19, 2014
this really a joke, how come people in process since only late march got decision made and people in process since late decembre still waiting. I really dont get it.

Quebecoise

Nov 10, 2017
this really a joke, how come people in process since only late march got decision made and people in process since late decembre still waiting. I really dont get it.
Actually, i can understand in process thing cause each case is different. What i cant understand at all is once you are DM... once you are DM, everybody is equal, so it should be first come first served, nothing complicated in there! Unfortunately, its not how it works...
I wish good luck to those who are still waiting. It s very frustrating to see people passed their test after you or DM after you having their oath but believe me, its just a matter of a couple of weeks. Just hang in there!

vincetoul

Mar 15, 2018
Actually, i can understand in process thing cause each case is different. What i cant understand at all is once you are DM... once you are DM, everybody is equal, so it should be first come first served, nothing complicated in there! Unfortunately, its not how it works...
I wish good luck to those who are still waiting. It s very frustrating to see people passed their test after you or DM after you having their oath but believe me, its just a matter of a couple of weeks. Just hang in there!
I thought about this, and the only rational reason I could find on this is : probably there are several different "lines" managing files in the same office. A little bit like the cashiers in the stores: you can pick the one that moves slowly and even if you arrived first you might get out of the store 3rd or 4th, I don't believe they have a universal queuing system that would make it standardized for all applications to get oath invite in the same order they got DM... (cause obviously it is not the case), just my theory though, could be a different reason also. Need to occupy my mind while waiting o_O:D

LNZ

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
100% correct. My IP took 151 days before the DM!! so if we follow logic I should be getting the ceremony before others who didnt wait long for their DM. It looks however that I have been put on the "first come first serve" list.

LNZ

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
I thought about this, and the only rational reason I could find on this is : probably there are several different "lines" managing files in the same office. A little bit like the cashiers in the stores: you can pick the one that moves slowly and even if you arrived first you might get out of the store 3rd or 4th, I don't believe they have a universal queuing system that would make it standardized for all applications to get oath invite in the same order they got DM... (cause obviously it is not the case), just my theory though, could be a different reason also. Need to occupy my mind while waiting o_O:D
I am the best at choosing the slowest cashiers. EVERY TIME..Walmart, Costco and now the Citizenship :D:D