+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montréal Applicants Oct. 2017 after C6

Quebecoise

Nov 10, 2017
Little question for those who got their oath and already applied for passeport: i know you have to wait 2 business days before you apply. But is your oath day included in these 2 days? For exemple, my oath is on may 15th, should i apply on 17 or 18?
I know it is just a detail but i have a business trip coming up and i have to travel to us on may 23.

faycal09

Oct 12, 2017
Little question for those who got their oath and already applied for passeport: i know you have to wait 2 business days before you apply. But is your oath day included in these 2 days? For exemple, my oath is on may 15th, should i apply on 17 or 18?
I know it is just a detail but i have a business trip coming up and i have to travel to us on may 23.
Ma cérémonie c’était un mercredi et l'agent d'immigration avait dit qu'on pourrait faire une demande de passeport à partir du lundi pour respecter les 2 jours ouvrables.Bonne chance

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
I am interested, too, since my oath should be coming up this summer and I have a fairly intensive travel schedule.
I have to say, I find it inconceivable that the process is this slow. Because if you have to wait 2 business days before your name is in the system, and then the quickest you can get the passport is in 2 business days, even if you pay for the urgent procedure, that means 4 business days, almost a week. There are people who NEED their passport to work (I'm thinking pilots, cabin crew, transportation personnel, transborder truck drivers), without mentioning business people with fairly hectic travel schedules, I don't find it acceptable that the Canadian government tell these people "you can't work for a week because we need to get our sh*t together".

I can't see why Canada cannot have a procedure, like they have in the UK, where you can get your passport on the same day, and why there can't be an expedited way to have your name appear in the system if you need your passport ASAP. Even if there is a charge, I'm sure quite a few people would be happy to pay to get it done quickly.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
I am interested, too, since my oath should be coming up this summer and I have a fairly intensive travel schedule.
I have to say, I find it inconceivable that the process is this slow. Because if you have to wait 2 business days before your name is in the system, and then the quickest you can get the passport is in 2 business days, even if you pay for the urgent procedure, that means 4 business days, almost a week. There are people who NEED their passport to work (I'm thinking pilots, cabin crew, transportation personnel, transborder truck drivers), without mentioning business people with fairly hectic travel schedules, I don't find it acceptable that the Canadian government tell these people "you can't work for a week because we need to get our sh*t together".

I can't see why Canada cannot have a procedure, like they have in the UK, where you can get your passport on the same day, and why there can't be an expedited way to have your name appear in the system if you need your passport ASAP. Even if there is a charge, I'm sure quite a few people would be happy to pay to get it done quickly.
Most serious business and professional people plan ahead and manage contingencies.

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
Most serious business and professional people plan ahead and manage contingencies.
First of all, not necessarily true. Plans change many times, quite complicated to plan ahead. Secondly, those who need passports to work they can't really plan around that.
But regardless of that, it is impossible to plan, you don't know when the oath will be, you get told at relatively short notice.

Hey

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Montreal office is sleeping, closing or in strike ?????!!!!

No invitation no action???!!! Boring