+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montréal Applicants Oct. 2017 after C6

vincetoul

Mar 15, 2018
Hi, how long after test did you get DM?
I dont know for the "elodie3010" user.
For myself it was 6 weeks to go from Test to DM, but because they asked me for additional documents. Basically I moved to DM 2 weeks after they received the documents., it has been 2 months now, still waiting oath invite. But I know people (and also user in the tracker sheet) that took the test early March and are still waiting for DM... others in forum took the test March 15th and are already took the oath so it really depends...

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

phm

May 2, 2018
I dont know for the "elodie3010" user.
For myself it was 6 weeks to go from Test to DM, but because they asked me for additional documents. Basically I moved to DM 2 weeks after they received the documents., it has been 2 months now, still waiting oath invite. But I know people (and also user in the tracker sheet) that took the test early March and are still waiting for DM... others in forum took the test March 15th and are already took the oath so it really depends...
Thanks a lot for taking time and answering :)

Reactions: vincetoul

Hey

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Calgary office has 23 oaths this month and next month... immagine how montreal is sleeping.... they do only 6 times a month or 10 but 23 for Calgary in almost 1.5 month..... where is the logic here !!!!!!!

I think i dont think what do you think

mangamania

Nov 12, 2017
I think that it is a political thing. Because soon we will have élections in Québec. And thats why they are slowing down things in Montreal. Maybe its an agreements among the different political parties.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
I think that it is a political thing. Because soon we will have élections in Québec. And thats why they are slowing down things in Montreal. Maybe its an agreements among the different political parties.
Why would a federal agency even care about a provincial election ?
And, if anything, new canadians are probably more prone to vote for the PLQ and against Quebec separatism, which is probably seen as a good thing in Ottawa... But has no effect in the current process. We're far from 1995 when the canadian citizenship was pretty much handed to anyone in a rush just before the referendum :D

Reactions: Manos

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
did you order new GCMS to find out more about what happened to your application ?
I did... last month.. it shows they are working on my residency :-( they RQ'ed me on Mar 16 which I replied to few days later. Since then Cold case :-( . It is just very sad how they wasting their and especially my time looking at a very obvious case.. Lol I just wish they would still "question" my residency and I will show them the trillion pictures :D facebook posts Check-ins.. Seriously tho! Montreal Office truly made regret moving to Montreal.. I am moving back to Van as soon as my 1 year rent lease is done!

Jass.5k

Apr 7, 2018
I did... last month.. it shows they are working on my residency :-( they RQ'ed me on Mar 16 which I replied to few days later. Since then Cold case :-( . It is just very sad how they wasting their and especially my time looking at a very obvious case.. Lol I just wish they would still "question" my residency and I will show them the trillion pictures :D facebook posts Check-ins.. Seriously tho! Montreal Office truly made regret moving to Montreal.. I am moving back to Van as soon as my 1 year rent lease is done!
I don't know what else they want to prove your Residence ,you should have send them credit cards statements ,
you still can move back to BC even before your rent lease expires no one can hold your freedoms , Just claim that you saw a huge Rat and you wanna move right now but also it's gonna be another pain changing processing office from east to west

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
I don't know what else they want to prove your Residence ,you should have send them credit cards statements ,
you still can move back to BC even before your rent lease expires no one can hold your freedoms , Just claim that you saw a huge Rat and you wanna move right now but also it's gonna be another pain changing processing office from east to west
I know I am free to move and all that beautiful words.. my move triggered their attention/no questions about it(I applied few days after I moved in).. sure go ahead check and double, triple, million check. waste my time and yours but you are a joke!
lease is done September.. will Never come back here... I was complaining about rent being expensive back there but everything so very different/worse here (No offence Montreal lovers).
How everything for you my friend?