+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montréal Applicants Oct. 2017 after C6

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct. 16th, 2017 AOR
Sorry I am little confused. Is Oct 16 your application received date or AOR date. When you log in into e-cas, what date you see in line 2 (AOR date)?
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on XXXXX ??, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 19, 2017.

cassandratssp

Mar 21, 2018
Sorry I am little confused. Is Oct 16 your application received date or AOR date. When you log in into e-cas, what date you see in line 2 (AOR date)?
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on XXXXX ??, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 19, 2017.
Oct. 16th, received files.
Nov. 10th, AOR
SOORY : )

Reactions: rajmalhotra7

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
I had my exam and interview yesterday (April 12) in Montreal. There were about 100 people in the morning, quite big a group.
I asked about the timeline for the oath, and the officer suggested 3 to 5 months, which seems to be in line with what we hear on this forum. Feels acceptable to me.
The agent told me it will take a few days for me to get to DM since they want to check all my absences (I had 78 entries in my Physical Presence Calculator) and for that reason they asked me to provide a copy of all the pages of my passport. Since a good number of trips are to the USA, I was asked to allow them to access to my I-94, of which I had a copy just printed out, so I left them my copy and signed the waiver.

Back to waiting.

LadyA

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
I had my exam and interview yesterday (April 12) in Montreal. There were about 100 people in the morning, quite big a group.
I asked about the timeline for the oath, and the officer suggested 3 to 5 months, which seems to be in line with what we hear on this forum. Feels acceptable to me.
The agent told me it will take a few days for me to get to DM since they want to check all my absences (I had 78 entries in my Physical Presence Calculator) and for that reason they asked me to provide a copy of all the pages of my passport. Since a good number of trips are to the USA, I was asked to allow them to access to my I-94, of which I had a copy just printed out, so I left them my copy and signed the waiver.

Back to waiting.
Good luck!! How was the interview?

lilzz

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Montreal
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
05-06-2015 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
none - Visa Exempt Country
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2015
LANDED..........
25-07-2015
Comme quoi, ça a servi à quelque chose (rires). J'ai enfin reçu une invitation pour le test!!

Go Montréal, Go Montréal, Go!! Lâche pas, t'es capable!!!!!
When is your test planned?! I was almost hoping the reason I don't get an invite is because there's no test planned in Montreal for now.

It's been almost six months since I sent my application, I am really nervous something is wrong with my app :(

But congrats to all of you that are already getting the oath :) Hopefully all of us will get to that point sooner or later!

Reactions: initial

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
Good luck!! How was the interview?
It was all good, questions about what I do, my family, all the trips I have taken. I even asked if it was possible to take the oath somewhere else if it is quicker, since I don't mind going to another city. The answer was that Montreal is actually quite quick, and that considering the way the procedure is structured right now, a "change of venue" would probably nullify any gain in speed.

One thing that really struck me was how EVERYTHING is paper-based: all the documents are in a folder with the case number written on it, and all is on paper. I thought that, given how documents have to travel between Sydney and the local offices, some sort of electronic document management system was in place, but evidently that's not the case. The idea of someone in B.C. sending their application to Sydney, NS, only for those documents to be sent another 3000 miles back to B.C. for the application to be processed looks like a total waste of resources, but I guess that's the way they like it.

LadyA

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
When is your test planned?! I was almost hoping the reason I don't get an invite is because there's no test planned in Montreal for now.

It's been almost six months since I sent my application, I am really nervous something is wrong with my app :(

But congrats to all of you that are already getting the oath :) Hopefully all of us will get to that point sooner or later!
Mon test est prévu pour le 30 avril.

LadyA

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
aviez-vous recu un RQ avant? je me demande pourquoi c'a pris tellement de temps. Moi, j'attends toujours le test
Non, je n’ai pas reçu de RQ. Peut être que je l’aurai après le test.
Pour rappel, j’ai appliqué en décembre. Accusé de réception en fin janvier. En cours en mars. Et examen en fin avril.
Et vous?