+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montréal Applicants Oct. 2017 after C6

Mimi1004

Feb 15, 2018
What s the update about oath ceremonies?
Who has his/her oath ceremony soon and when was your test/decision made

Alibou

Nov 18, 2016
I know, it's frustrating :-( I'd understand a couple of weeks difference but I'll get my citizenship months after some November applicants at this rate.

Hang in there! I am kinda relieved to see I am not alone. I am wondering if this whole delay is due to the test dat they had to cancel last month? I am crossing fingers that we receive the invite this week!
I imagine how frustrating it could be, however, from a public administration standpoint, you should look at your application as a form that triggers sub-processes. Every answer to a question can lead to additional steps that could lead to dependencies with other parties and delays (e.g. authentication of documents with other countries, intervention of specialized agents, number of applicants…). Just looking to the dates isn’t always relevant.

The only thing I have found frustrating in our cases is the change of law from the Harper administration. It just brought all the mess that we’re facing today in terms of application backlog and additional delays.

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

Kody_j

Mar 19, 2018
Hi everybody
I had my test on March 9th, I checked and saw DM date is very different for different cases, does anybody know what are the factors affect this waiting time ?

Thanks

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
Hi everybody
I had my test on March 9th, I checked and saw DM date is very different for different cases, does anybody know what are the factors affect this waiting time ?

Thanks
what you mean by DM date ?? I bet on your case there will no be date on which your case went to DM ,, you mean the time between the test till the DM ???

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi everybody

Thanks
The test sometimes takes place before the security and background checks end. This and last minute requests for documents during the interview (FP requests, PCC for countries where you spent 183+ days, or others) are probably the main reasons why someone would wait more than 24 to 48h before his DM.

Kody_j

Mar 19, 2018
The test sometimes takes place before the security and background checks end. This and last minute requests for documents during the interview (FP requests, PCC for countries where you spent 183+ days, or others) are probably the main reasons why someone would wait more than 24 to 48h before his DM.
Thanks !
They didn't ask me to provide any new document during the interview, so it should be security and/or background check.

TESTING_USER

Feb 23, 2018
Hey guys, any update for Montreal applicants? Has any one been invited for a ceremony that will take place in April already?
Thanks