+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montréal Applicants Oct. 2017 after C6

Hitnake

Feb 9, 2018
What do mean it’s already been a month? Waiting time from test done and DM is 2-6 months in Montreal!
You are all in the sky! Earth is calling!!!
Well if you look at the google doc for Oct , a good number of Montreal applicants got their oath invite within 3 weeks to 1 month after DM.

madam-m

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well if you look at the google doc for Oct , a good number of Montreal applicants got their oath invite within 3 weeks to 1 month after DM.
U can’t rely on that! My friend told me who had an interview in 22th February that they told him to expect oath invitation in 2-6 months. It can be earlier than that surely. However that depends on every case individually. You are not the only one. The line is tooo long. We r all waiting!!!

lilzz

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Montreal
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
05-06-2015 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
none - Visa Exempt Country
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2015
LANDED..........
25-07-2015
Anyone here *still* waiting on their test date? I think they forgot me :( It's now been 5 months since they received my application and I am still just IP. Didn't receive fingerprint request or anything. I thought I'd be in March test dates but we're getting into April now I guess.

Vivallo

Feb 17, 2018
I don't get the logic.
People applied in November already passed the test or even got decision made, other applied earlier in October still waiting.

Bonne chance, tout le monde!

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

ramo11

Oct 19, 2017
Good luck. You will do great.
Thanks!

I have 3 stamps on my passport that are not in English/French so I'm thinking of translating them just to be safe. I have more than 1500 days so I'm more than good for the days but read on this forum that agents can be picky sometimes.

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
Thanks!

I have 3 stamps on my passport that are not in English/French so I'm thinking of translating them just to be safe. I have more than 1500 days so I'm more than good for the days but read on this forum that agents can be picky sometimes.
Do not think. Act! You know you have buffer time. But the only proof of that are the stamps on your passport (and CBSA records). The officer will check the stamps. If any of them is not in English/French, they have no idea if it is relevant or not and will need to investigate. So get those stamps translated by a certified translator even if they are outside your eligibility period and take the translation with you for the interview.

ramo11

Oct 19, 2017
Do not think. Act! You know you have buffer time. But the only proof of that are the stamps on your passport (and CBSA records). The officer will check the stamps. If any of them is not in English/French, they have no idea if it is relevant or not and will need to investigate. So get those stamps translated by a certified translator even if they are outside your eligibility period and take the translation with you for the interview.
I already looked for a translator close to work so I can do it. Not gonna risk it, hope he'll accept to have it done by Tuesday since test is on Wednesday. They're 3 stamps only and outside the eligibility period.

lilzz

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Montreal
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
05-06-2015 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
none - Visa Exempt Country
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2015
LANDED..........
25-07-2015
I don't get the logic.
People applied in November already passed the test or even got decision made, other applied earlier in October still waiting.

Bonne chance, tout le monde!
I know, it's frustrating :-( I'd understand a couple of weeks difference but I'll get my citizenship months after some November applicants at this rate.

Same here. 5 months. In process since December. No progress so far.
Montreal Office too
Hang in there! I am kinda relieved to see I am not alone. I am wondering if this whole delay is due to the test dat they had to cancel last month? I am crossing fingers that we receive the invite this week!

Reactions: initial