+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montréal Applicants Oct. 2017 after C6

energym

Aug 18, 2014
Qu'est ce que c'est long à Montréal!!!
J'ai envoyé une demande le 5 dec, reçue le 11 dec, l'accusé de réception le 25 janv (45 jours pour l'accusé!!!!!!) et toujours pas à l'étude...
je désespère
I sent my app before you and got the AoR after you, I have 69 days between app received and AOR.
Don't despair, patience is an important key for the citizenship application. Just keep living your life, and prepare for the test/interview.

Hey

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Gents, Do we need to take minors to interview/test?
Or we just keep them in their schools ?
Thanks!

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
Has anyone ever asked if the oath could be taken in another city to get it done more quickly? Personally, I have no problem to drive or get on a plane to somewhere else if that means shaving a few months off the oath wait.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Has anyone ever asked if the oath could be taken in another city to get it done more quickly? Personally, I have no problem to drive or get on a plane to somewhere else if that means shaving a few months off the oath wait.
Seems highly unlikely, unless there's a genuine reason maybe, like an address change.

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
Same here!!!!!! I was just thinking that the other day!
I was tempted to call up and tell them just that... the wait on hold tho lol

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
Seems highly unlikely, unless there's a genuine reason maybe, like an address change.
But I don't understand the reason. I get it done more quickly, they get rid of an applicant who is not going to bother them any longer asking when the oath is... it's a win-win. I can't believe nobody thought of that.

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
But I don't understand the reason. I get it done more quickly, they get rid of an applicant who is not going to bother them any longer asking when the oath is... it's a win-win. I can't believe nobody thought of that.
Agreed!!
I was thinking of that just yesterday myself too.. like I don’t mind going to Nunavut! That way I see what l leant from the guide lol

Reactions: missmini

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Not sure you'd like to hear that some random guy from Red Deer took your spot in an oath ceremony in Montreal...

In a more serious tone, I believe every IRCC office takes care of the oath invitations in its region. Moving someone to another place probably involves communication between several offices, maybe an application transfer too... It will also involve som logistical changes if everyone asks for it and IRCC starts doing it on a big scale. If anything, it could add more delay.

Give it a shot maybe, but don't hold your breath... ^^'

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
Not sure you'd like to hear that some random guy from Red Deer took your spot in an oath ceremony in Montreal...

In a more serious tone, I believe every IRCC office takes care of the oath invitations in its region. Moving someone to another place probably involves communication between several offices, maybe an application transfer too... It will also involve som logistical changes if everyone asks for it and IRCC starts doing it on a big scale. If anything, it could add more delay.

Give it a shot maybe, but don't hold your breath... ^^'
Well put my friend well put!
Ur right.. also I guess they have their budgets to organize the ceremonies.. that would b much harder I guess to keep track of..
Thx for the thoughts tho