+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montréal Applicants Oct. 2017 after C6

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
First of all, Congrats!

Just so I understand the timeline better. You did the test, got decision made and then you received an email for your Oath ceremony and then your status was updated on CIC ? Just wondering if there is a point in refreshing the CIC website daily to see if an update will be done as mine says decision made.

Thanks for your time!
Yup. Unless there's a bug, you'll receive the invitation by email before the ECAS update (which should happen overnight just after the mail is sent!)
So yeah, checking CIC everyday is kinda pointless ^^'

Hang in there, you're next on the line !! :)

silversnake

Feb 14, 2018
Yup. Unless there's a bug, you'll receive the invitation by email before the ECAS update (which should happen overnight just after the mail is sent!)
So yeah, checking CIC everyday is kinda pointless ^^'

Hang in there, you're next on the line !! :)
Awesome, thanks for letting me know. I just keep checking because the first email was sent to my junk and it's only after I checked the CIC that I knew I had received it in my junk !

MTLBoy

Oct 16, 2017
Subject: I did not receive my TEST INVITATION LETTER in MAIL. Would it be any issue on test date?

I have received my test invite by email from IRCC two weeks ago. My exam is early next week. There is a pdf in the email with all details for the exam. However, I have not received any invite in my mailbox. The online client status says to "CONTACT IRCC if I DO NOT RECEIVE A CORRESPONDENCE". Does it mean actual physical mail?

I tried to send email to IRCC to inquire about that but has not received any response yet.

A) Do you know if I need an official letter sent by mail from IRCC in order to be able to show up at the exam venue?
B) Those who received the invitation letter by mail, is there any difference between PDF in the email compared to physical mail content?

Thanks

Together

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Important question - do you need the translations of stamps in passport only for the last 5 years or all of them?

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
So there is no need to translate stamps that are like 10 years old?
for sure no ,, but you never know your luck ,,
in my case ,, my old passport was expired on 2012 ,, and my first vacation was took as of December of 2013 ,, so officer was smart to establish this logic to drop my oldest passport from her verification and to focus on the new one

msarham

Star Member
Jan 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-10-2011 ( By Email)
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
25-10-2011 ( By Email)
Med's Done....
02-11-2011
Test is on 20th feb at 12:45. How long does it take for whole procedure?

jacZ

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
hi all,i did my test 2 february still waiting for decision made,i think it could take time considiring they asked my fp 16 january and i sent it 23 january ,i wonder how long should i wait for my case to change to Decision made? anyonw knows ?
The officer the day of the exam,told me it will not take time as he said that to expect oath in like 3-4 months...

applicant361

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
hello montreal applicants, how many people in Montreal have received RQ/Quality assurance/etc? I wonder if montreal is one of those offices that uses it liberally. I hear it is a pain to complete...