Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
new date posted on the website ... july 19th .. expect some invitations this week

lonleyplanet1995

Jan 13, 2018
Your timeline doesn't negate the theory that middle eastern applicants takes longer
Because test invite is not related to security checks - you can get test invite while security checks are ongoing - the DM however is related

However i agree that a lot of my friends from the middle east got processed pretty quickly - no way to be sure
very much officers are profiling applicants especially applicants from the middle east "men Specifically "
I had Mexican friend Oct applicant same his oath on May , they didn't even ask him for FP !

Reactions: CAN.east

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
very much officers are profiling applicants especially applicants from the middle east "men Specifically "
I had Mexican friend Oct applicant same his oath on May , they didn't even ask him for FP !
I have a friend from middle east (male) applied in october got oath in april ... so ...

Reactions: CAN.east

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014

lonleyplanet1995

Jan 13, 2018
HA - I am am American living in Canada since 1999 - more than 6500 days in Canada. I applied in Nov., in process since Feb. 2nd. - NO TEST INVITE. So much for the theory.
eggnog , why is it too long for you!? you should be a citizen years ago! "since 1999 " that's really long

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
eggnog , why is it too long for you!? you should be a citizen years ago! "since 1999 " that's really long
I live in Quebec so that meant a two stage process, i.e. having to pay twice the amount. PR and Citizenship used to be considerably more expensive and we were a family of seven. I simply couldn't afford 25K+. Then, when we were four at home I applied for PR - Quebec lost my application and then in the federal part I lost almost two more years because of the shutting down of the Buffalo office. I figured for sure my citizenship would go quickly - no fingerprints, police certs, no RQ needed, 19 years in country, trusted traveler, taxes paid, etc. Let's just say that things haven't proceeded as I had hoped. I had no travel to do between Jan and Aug. but have three overseas trips between Sep and Dec. - have a feeling I will have bad luck with those creating date conflicts. Oh well, c'est la vie.

I am soooo hoping that I don't have to apply for a PR card renewal - due in Feb. That would be such a headache and so stupid.

Reactions: lonleyplanet1995

lonleyplanet1995

Jan 13, 2018
I live in Quebec so that meant a two stage process, i.e. having to pay twice the amount. PR and Citizenship used to be considerably more expensive and we were a family of seven. I simply couldn't afford 25K+. Then, when we were four at home I applied for PR - Quebec lost my application and then in the federal part I lost almost two more years because of the shutting down of the Buffalo office. I figured for sure my citizenship would go quickly - no fingerprints, police certs, no RQ needed, 19 years in country, trusted traveler, taxes paid, etc. Let's just say that things haven't proceeded as I had hoped. I had no travel to do between Jan and Aug. but have three overseas trips between Sep and Dec. - have a feeling I will have bad luck with those creating date conflicts. Oh well, c'est la vie.

I am soooo hoping that I don't have to apply for a PR card renewal - due in Feb. That would be such a headache and so stupid.
I feel you my friend we all stuck and we can not plan for any future travel or vacations until we have better Idea about what's going here , 4 more months to go for the 12 month processing

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
I feel you my friend we all stuck and we can not plan for any future travel or vacations until we have better Idea about what's going here , 4 more months to go for the 12 month processing
I know I am not the only one, just sharing my frustration. I am happy for those who have passed through quickly and truthfully I know that some of the new citizens came from really bad places. I know it will happen in time (every stage has!). I look for CIC to finish up the first HUGE group they have processed since last fall in the next two months and then get to the rest of us beginning in Sep/Oct.