+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montréal Applicants Oct. 2017 after C6

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
Come on guys, let's think positive! There are FIVE ceremonies on 1 July, including one outdoor in the Old Port: there must be someone going there, they won't have a judge by himself/herself looking at the Tower Clock! Invites will come!

I know this process gives a very tangible meaning to the expression "watching paint dry", but we have to keep the spirit up.

Reactions: initial and baaqeel

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
let me ask you this ,, I remember that u finished ur exam ,, and u passed it ,, and u still waiting the DM ??? is there any check they still doing it ??? one more thing ,, do not withdraw as long as u have no problem with the residency ,, my case was a bit different I was late on my first exam so I had to withdraw my application , and on the 2nd application I had no problem ,, in ur case u need to know what is the issue first ,, otherwise u gonna have the same issue on ur following application
Very true... I passed my exam and had a nice interview but surprisingly a month forward got a Residence questionnaire 520 asking all copies of passport, 4years of rent, tax and contracts... I replied a week later... since then IP IP IP.
My application is pending residency and prohibition check...
I claimed to have lived in Vancouver so I think they checking on that WHICH I HAVE NO PROBLEMS as long as they don’t take 10years for that : /
I don’t know how long still gana take... :-(
Also what i don’t get is since I check yes to verifying my taxes on the application y would they still ask me for the copies..
Maybe it’s just that There are too many frauds here in MTL they think I m one.. but again I can prove it in trillion ways..
I have read here that RQ sometimes takes up to 3years :-( can you imagine!

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
Keep your hopes high man as i told you your turn is very soon

The waiting is awful i know but there will bel light at the end of the tunnel
Thank you so much bro
After the rain comes the sunshine.
I am jealous of people not being affected by C24 and that would have still a smooth process get citizenship after 6-7months.
It has been such an awful road I m just gana get that piece of paper and be pissed :-(

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
On a ridiculous note, you may want to know that tens of people missed their oath ceremony yesterday in La Plaza, having not received a mail nor seen an update in the website.
IRCC Montreal screwed them big time.

I'm the first to say relax and wait for the mail but that was a joke. And a bad one.

LNZ

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
On a ridiculous note, you may want to know that tens of people missed their oath ceremony yesterday in La Plaza, having not received a mail nor seen an update in the website.

I'm the first to say relax and wait for the mail but that was a joke. And a bad one.
Omg. That’s all am gonna say for now.

Digimtl87

Jun 9, 2018

Omg is that for real? How do you know that? What's the source?

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
Been told so by someone who became a citizen yesterday.
It's unlikely that this person knows for sure that all the people who didn't show up had not been advised by IRCC, since they were not there to confirm what happened... Nonetheless, it's truly shameful that oath slots are being wasted this way.
They should have a stand-by list like fully booked flights... but that would just make sense...

Reactions: Digimtl87

baaqeel

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Longueuil
Been told so by someone who became a citizen yesterday.
That is true, my friend did the ceremony on June 07, she told to me there was so many absent, she received her invitation after she call IRCC and the agent told her that the cermoney date has updated on her file and she should already received the invitation by email.
next day she received the invitation email !!

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
That is true, my friend did the ceremony on June 07, she told to me there was so many absent, she received her invitation after she call IRCC and the agent told her that the cermoney date has updated on her file and she should already received the invitation by email.
next day she received the invitation email !!
what ? this is ridiculous ... so now we have to call them regularly to check if we have oath ?

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
However i know from few of my friends that even if you don't receive email - ecas is updated with oath date few days before the actual oath.
So if you check regularly your ecas you should not miss it.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
However i know from few of my friends that even if you don't receive email - ecas is updated with oath date few days before the actual oath.
So if you check regularly your ecas you should not miss it.
In theory and most of the time yes. But my friend who was in a nearly half empty ceremony had no ecas update. His will probably go directly from DM to complete with both the oath invitation and the "you became canadian on blablabla" line added at the same time.

Probably a human error or a nasty bug for the recent ceremonies, but people who should expect a ceremony these days (say DM in march/april) may want to have a chat with IRCC. Could at least be useful to make sure they didn't actually miss their ceremony, and if they did to ask for an invitation ASAP as they're not responsible for the mistake.

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
In theory and most of the time yes. But my friend who was in a nearly half empty ceremony had no ecas update. His will probably go directly from DM to complete with both the oath invitation and the "you became canadian on blablabla" line added at the same time.

Probably a human error or a nasty bug for the recent ceremonies, but people who should expect a ceremony these days (say DM in march/april) may want to have a chat with IRCC. Could at least be useful to make sure they didn't actually miss their ceremony, and if they did to ask for an invitation ASAP as they're not responsible for the mistake.
If your friend knew about the mistake IRCC surely knows too and they would do the correction needed

Last edited: