+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

$$$ Money or Quality of Life that is attracting us to CANADA

AbuMalik

Star Member
Dec 11, 2008
Guys - I am from India, now living in the US. The only two weaknesses I see in Canada is low pay compared to US and weather, but definitely peaceful mind.

In US, getting your GC is hell lot of a deal, though you may have lived here legally for years and earning a decent salary. Canada can be our new place bonding ourselves as one community (of course, we can become citizens representing that nation :) ) though originated from different countries.

We as Indians and Pakistanis should live as brothers in this new nation irrespective of our religion, remember we all have the same origins - culture, language, food, even to some extent our thought process and what not ? forget about all those damn politics thats dividing the people.

BTW - Hey MSMirza, I believe you are from Pak, your post is really touchy and very true. I would say, your voice is the voice of most commoners of Pakistan who wants to lead a peaceful life and far away from that dirty politics, and those terror training camps in your country.

I wish you all the best and may god bless you and your family !

commonwealth

Nov 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MSMirza's quote "above all what i fear the most is that someday my kid will grow up and he'll ask me, looking in the eye. Dad, You used to leave early in the morning, you used to come home late when i was asleep.. you worked your whole life, what did you do for my future?"

What makes you think that your kids, who eventually grows up in NA will not ask you the same question?
End of the day, we all are human beings with different background and strive for same things like security, opportunity and freedom- Lot more common.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Dear Mirza,

Very well said, kudos to u for such a frank disposition. Most expatriates, like me, are already Ok with our $ savings and our quality of life stands fine too; that's exactly why we cannot adjust back in our hometown, having tasted the goodies.

More than us, its our kids who will really find a hardtime back home. The red-tapism, nepotism, non-condusive work environs etc might not come with a pinch of salt either. Besides, we'll have to return one day, as however big we become here (for expatriates, I mean), we'll yet not be a citizen. That's the deal breaker.

Whereas, Canada provides us that opportunity. It could be ANZ too, but that's another topic for discussion. Thus, as Mirza rightly said, we might struggle initially in Canada, but eventually we'll succeed and then we'll be able to leave a legacy to our kids, who would be Canadians and take on from there. It'd surely be their fate as to how good they use this opportunity, but they would have a better choice, as left back by us. And they thus, wouldn't question us, 'papa what did u do for us'?

From an expatriate's point of view, I think, this is why we are on this foray.

Viva Canada !

MSMirza

Oct 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
.. waiting .. & .. waiting ..
Agree on your every single word and yes I'am from Pakistan.

Thanks and same to you my friend !

AbuMalik said:
Guys - I am from India, now living in the US. The only two weaknesses I see in Canada is low pay compared to US and weather, but definitely peaceful mind.

In US, getting your GC is hell lot of a deal, though you may have lived here legally for years and earning a decent salary. Canada can be our new place bonding ourselves as one community (of course, we can become citizens representing that nation :) ) though originated from different countries.

We as Indians and Pakistanis should live as brothers in this new nation irrespective of our religion, remember we all have the same origins - culture, language, food, even to some extent our thought process and what not ? forget about all those damn politics thats dividing the people.

BTW - Hey MSMirza, I believe you are from Pak, your post is really touchy and very true. I would say, your voice is the voice of most commoners of Pakistan who wants to lead a peaceful life and far away from that dirty politics, and those terror training camps in your country.

I wish you all the best and may god bless you and your family !

MSMirza

Oct 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
The idea behind it is to ensure a better future for your family. Even if you're not able to do anything for your family (God Forbid) then the least you could do is to try and put them on a road on which (hopefully) they'll be able to find their own path !!

commonwealth said:
MSMirza's quote "above all what i fear the most is that someday my kid will grow up and he'll ask me, looking in the eye. Dad, You used to leave early in the morning, you used to come home late when i was asleep.. you worked your whole life, what did you do for my future?"

What makes you think that your kids, who eventually grows up in NA will not ask you the same question?
End of the day, we all are human beings with different background and strive for same things like security, opportunity and freedom- Lot more common.

MSMirza

Oct 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Ahaan .. Happy to see that at least someone gets my point :)

Yes unfortunately you'll have to return someday and its a wise decision to become a passport holder of a 1st world country.

Good Luck to you all.

qorax said:
Dear Mirza,

Very well said, kudos to u for such a frank disposition. Most expatriates, like me, are already Ok with our $ savings and our quality of life stands fine too; that's exactly why we cannot adjust back in our hometown, having tasted the goodies.

More than us, its our kids who will really find a hardtime back home. The red-tapism, nepotism, non-condusive work environs etc might not come with a pinch of salt either. Besides, we'll have to return one day, as however big we become here (for expatriates, I mean), we'll yet not be a citizen. That's the deal breaker.

Whereas, Canada provides us that opportunity. It could be ANZ too, but that's another topic for discussion. Thus, as Mirza rightly said, we might struggle initially in Canada, but eventually we'll succeed and then we'll be able to leave a legacy to our kids, who would be Canadians and take on from there. It'd surely be their fate as to how good they use this opportunity, but they would have a better choice, as left back by us. And they thus, wouldn't question us, 'papa what did u do for us'?

From an expatriate's point of view, I think, this is why we are on this foray.

Viva Canada !