+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mon project points query !

Sunnyvaswani

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
I have confusion regarding points allocation on education in Mon Project. My education is Bcom,MA Economics & ACCA all from Pakistan. Will my Masters of Economics in Pakistan be considered a Masters in Mon project ? will i be awarded 12 Points ?

Sugar2016

Jul 21, 2016
I think you will get 12 points for Education (Masters) and 12 points for AOT (ACCA) depending on your work experience.

Sugar2016

Jul 21, 2016
Area of Training (Up to 16 Points)
areas of training is intended to identify candidates who have earned diplomas or degrees in areas with good medium-term job prospects. It is compiled with particular regard to Quebec job market requirements. The diploma or degree must have been obtained in the five years previous to applying for a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ). If this is not the case, the applicant must have worked for at least one year out of the five years in question in a field directly related to the diploma or degree obtained and for which assessment is being made.

bints

May 13, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2017
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Hello Guys,

First of all, thank you so much for contributing your answers to the queries. I have a few questions which I would like to know more about, please help.

I am new in Quebec PNP program and according to my research, the first step is to make an account on Mon projet quebec immigration and fill all the required information. On 16th of August there is an intake where Quebec government will take 5000 application on the basis of first cum first serve and on the same day at 8.30 Montreal time i.e. 6.00 PM India time we need to submit the application that we created under Mon project. I can see there are thousands of applicants who will be submitting their applications on 16th August and I am expecting there will be a long waiting queue for the same? Any rough idea how long it would take to submit the application, I know it will depend on applicant who are already in queue but still any estimate if we start exactly at 8.30AM Montreal time?

1. What’s the chances of being shortlisted in first 5000 applications?
2. Payment, this will only happen if I got shortlisted I.e. receive CSQ- Certificat de Sélection du Québec. And would be able to apply for permanent residency (this is the next step after CSQ). Am I right?
3. Is there any chance after submitting the application I got an email to pay and, assume I paid the fee, I will get another email that we already got 5000 applicants and we are not able to give you CSQ etc?

Please advise and apologize if my doubts are really off!!

Thanks

s.nj.ahm29

Jul 31, 2016
will my workexperience will get counted like 4 month maneger resturant and 3 month assist manager in a power company??

Sunnyvaswani

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Thanks Sugar for early response !!
I actually have 2.5 years of work experience as Management trainee finance in the last six years, if i exclude 1 year from experience to comply with five year requirement it will be 1.5 years and directly related to accounting which is in Section B on Training section. my query is does this 1.5 years of work experience fit into training section and work experience simultaneously ? will i be granted points for 1.5 years in training section and experience too ?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
The diploma or degree must have been obtained in the five years previous to applying for a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ). ---> This is no longer a requirement

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
https://protecteurducitoyen.qc.ca/sites/default/files/pdf/Memoire_projet_de_loi/2015/2015-01-27_selection-foreign-national.pdf

The draft Regulation
provides that, henceforth, all diplomas obtained befo
re applying
will be considered
and no
longer
just those earned in the five years preceding the application, as is the
case now
—a relaxing of requirements that will improve certain applicant
s’ chances
of
obtaining
a CSQ. These candidat
es are often very highly skilled
, as the files
handled by the Québec Ombudsman show

fromblr

Sep 16, 2014
Hi All,

i see below links

http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-immigration-education.html

Here i get 10 points for Undergraduate diploma attesting to 3 or more years of full-time studies

http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-areas-of-training-fields-of-study.html

Here if you click section A it says Principal applicant: 16 points

Does this mean i can claim 26 points ? i did discuss this with many other applicants, it seems confusing..anyone has any idea ?

shaggycoc

Jan 25, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fromblr said:
Hi All,

i see below links

http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-immigration-education.html

Here i get 10 points for Undergraduate diploma attesting to 3 or more years of full-time studies

http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-areas-of-training-fields-of-study.html

Here if you click section A it says Principal applicant: 16 points

Does this mean i can claim 26 points ? i did discuss this with many other applicants, it seems confusing..anyone has any idea ?
yes, read in MIDI's web is the best source

Poonam.tandon

Mar 24, 2016
I have got below message for Mon project Quebec. What to do :(
Will I be able to apply fr PNP ? It is first come first serve basis..

The maximum number of requests for Quebec Selection Certificate accepted by the Ministry has been reached.

Only candidates who have a job offer validated by the Department or who are temporary residents in Quebec and allowed to apply for a Quebec selection certificate may forward their request at any time. For more information , see Rules and immigration procedures .

Watch our site to the My Quebec Project : your access to online immigration services for dates for receipt of applications .

Please suggest