+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mom was rejected FSW in 2003. WIll i mention in Visa file?

Kaushik Roy

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
Calcutta
Category........
Visa Office......
Calcutta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
IELTS Request
31-12-2010 || Overall 8.0
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2011
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon....
My mother had tried for immigration as skill worker way back in 2003. But she was rejected Visa due to insufficient funds.

Now I am going to file the study permit . Should i mention this in the present application? Moreover will it have a negative effect on my application?

for eg. the VO may concur that i might not have home ties or something like that. I have got an education loan based on property and ful fill all other requiremnts for the visa spp.

Now im in tension as to how the previous rejection of mom's visa wil laffect my study permit.

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
Kaushik Roy said:
My mother had tried for immigration as skill worker way back in 2003. But she was rejected Visa due to insufficient funds.

Now I am going to file the study permit . Should i mention this in the present application? Moreover will it have a negative effect on my application?

for eg. the VO may concur that i might not have home ties or something like that. I have got an education loan based on property and ful fill all other requiremnts for the visa spp.

Now im in tension as to how the previous rejection of mom's visa wil laffect my study permit.
I wouldn't suggest mentioning your mom's refusal. The application has mostly to do with YOU and your sponsor's financial status. Assuming your sponsor is your father (or both of your parents), the bank statements' and properties' evaluation should be enough to prove his (or their) solvency. Even if its only your mom who's sponsoring, you still shouldn't mention it. Let them find it for themselves. Chances are that they might never even notice! And even if they do, they wouldn't be able to lay a finger on you as long as you can show enough funds to cover your tuition fees and living expenses as well as supporting your family back home.

All the best bro!

Kaushik Roy

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
Calcutta
Category........
Visa Office......
Calcutta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2011
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon....
This is exactly what one of my agent friends told me. that it has very little to do with me or my application. Also since i got my loan papers in place,

my financial condition will be judged fine. Aaah.. only time can tell. 8)

Thanks RIDZ ..

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
Kaushik Roy said:
This is exactly what one of my agent friends told me. that it has very little to do with me or my application. Also since i got my loan papers in place,

my financial condition will be judged fine. Aaah.. only time can tell. 8)

Thanks RIDZ ..
You're welcome Kaushik :)

Junaid.Bjorn

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Visa Office......
CHC Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2011
Doc's Request.
waiting
IELTS Request
Submitted with app. 7.5 Band
VISA ISSUED...
Insha-Allah
Kaushik Roy said:

No offence but hide anything, and the VO will hand ur ass back to you in just days.
My brother lied for Australia, my father had been refused a visa in 90's and my brother was banned from travelling to Australia for 5 years.

If your so sure that the rejection doesnt affect ur case, why not just state it?
Trust me mate, it will take just a few days to join the dots and see that you have not mentioned ur mother.
State the reason as well, that it was rejected for insufficient funds, but lying straight out will get u in trouble. You don't lie to white people. Been there, done that in Uk

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
Junaid.Bjorn said:
No offence but hide anything, and the VO will hand ur ass back to you in just days.
My brother lied for Australia, my father had been refused a visa in 90's and my brother was banned from travelling to Australia for 5 years.

If your so sure that the rejection doesnt affect ur case, why not just state it?
Trust me mate, it will take just a few days to join the dots and see that you have not mentioned ur mother.
State the reason as well, that it was rejected for insufficient funds, but lying straight out will get u in trouble. You don't lie to white people. Been there, done that in Uk
Well Junaid he isn't lying right? I mean there is no specific portion of the application where you need to state your sponsor's former condition :S. And the only place where he could mention such a thing would be in a cover letter and as far as I know there have been a lot of applicants who made it past the Embassy without one. But then again rules may change and I could be wrong so the choice is yours, Kaushik. I suggested him to let it slide because there has been no direct or indirect question, in the application, asking if your sponsor has ever been refused a visa (or something similar). But if you suggest that its mandatory to mention such a case, so be it :)

Junaid.Bjorn

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Visa Office......
CHC Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2011
Doc's Request.
waiting
IELTS Request
Submitted with app. 7.5 Band
VISA ISSUED...
Insha-Allah
RIDZ said:
Well Junaid he isn't lying right? I mean there is no specific portion of the application where you need to state your sponsor's former condition :S. And the only place where he could mention such a thing would be in a cover letter and as far as I know there have been a lot of applicants who made it past the Embassy without one. But then again rules may change and I could be wrong so the choice is yours, Kaushik. I suggested him to let it slide because there has been no direct or indirect question, in the application, asking if your sponsor has ever been refused a visa (or something similar). But if you suggest that its mandatory to mention such a case, so be it :)
The visa form asks if u or anyone in family has been denied visa to Canada (of any kind, FSW, Visit, Student) ANY KIND

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
Junaid.Bjorn said:
The visa form asks if u or anyone in family has been denied visa to Canada (of any kind, FSW, Visit, Student) ANY KIND
Bro are you talking about IMM1294B? If so, let me tell you that IMM1294B is not used ANYMORE. I just went through the recent form (IMM1294E) twice and there was no question asking about a family member's refusal. Only section 2 of page 3 asks if the applicant has ever been refused a visa to Canada, that's all. I submitted my application last Thursday and I went through all the forms and documents thoroughly and I can assure you that there was no question asking about a family member's refusal or admission to Canada. :)

Kaushik Roy

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
Calcutta
Category........
Visa Office......
Calcutta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2011
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon....
Well . i guess then i have to mention my mother's case.. but what do i mention?

just the previous file no. and reason for rejection? or errm.. wuut?

EDIT:-

I just saw the last post!.. if thats true then i might not mention too eh! :-X

aamro1992

Jul 10, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-March-2017
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-June-2017
LANDED..........
01-Sep-2017
RIDZ said:
Bro are you talking about IMM1294B? If so, let me tell you that IMM1294B is not used ANYMORE. I just went through the recent form (IMM1294E) twice and there was no question asking about a family member's refusal. Only section 2 of page 3 asks if the applicant has ever been refused a visa to Canada, that's all. I submitted my application last Thursday and I went through all the forms and documents thoroughly and I can assure you that there was no question asking about a family member's refusal or admission to Canada. :)
I agree.On page 3 of 4 the question was whether YOU have applied to Canada before and it does not mention anything about any family member.