+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mom visa got denied after visiting canada 5 times

Beluga0909

Apr 22, 2021
Hey everyone… I’m in a bit of situation here.

Some facts before I start:
• I am a PR - have been in Canada for over 5 years
• My mom has traveled to many different countries, including 5 times to Canada in the past to visit me.

her visitor visa expired during covid, so she re-applied again online for a new visa.
• my dad is not visiting and is at the home country
• my sister and grandparents are also there, I’m the only person she knows in Canada
• she’s a dentist and has assets, and the documents were provided.

her visa got rejected and after asking for notes, this is what the officer wrote:

I am not satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary
resident, I note that:
- the client has strong family ties in Canada
- the client is married or has dependents or states to have close family ties in their home country, but is not sufficiently established.
The applicant has not demonstrated sufficiently strong ties to their country of residence.
The applicant's plan of visit appears poorly documented and insufficiently substantiated.
The purpose of visit does not appear reasonable given the applicant's socio-economic situation and
therefore I am not satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of the period of authorized stay.

I’m very confused about what they wrote;
The documents have proof of marriage, assets (her dental office and a house), travel date and where she stays, proof of bank funds, and more. I’m not sure what the officer meant by the purpose of the visit is not reasonable, given she’s visiting her son.

i was wondering if anyone has any advice that could guide me through the next step?

sudubey

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Who was sponsoring? Was it you or she going to do herself? I would suggest you sponsor her Canada side expenses and let her take care of travel, I guess you to get it via attorney from Canada.
Is she doing practice on her own or working in some hospital? Whatever, try to explain she will come back in 60 or some days.
You need to create a story now and reapply.

Beluga0909

Apr 22, 2021
Who was sponsoring? Was it you or she going to do herself? I would suggest you sponsor her Canada side expenses and let her take care of travel, I guess you to get it via attorney from Canada.
Is she doing practice on her own or working in some hospital? Whatever, try to explain she will come back in 60 or some days.
You need to create a story now and reapply.
She has her own practice.
For the visit, she does not have an attorney and did it herself with my help.
I wrote it in the letter that she will pay for her expenses, but I can support if needed.
Should I re-apply for her visa?

sudubey

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
She has her own practice.
For the visit, she does not have an attorney and did it herself with my help.
I wrote it in the letter that she will pay for her expenses, but I can support if needed.
Should I re-apply for her visa?
She can do herself as far as application is concerned. But you need to get it signed and stamped in Canada to sponsor her for local expenses, food and shelter. That require your PR card photocopy etc. Please consult someone in Canada for the same.
Rest you need to show since how long she is doing practice and attach some financial statement to provide proofs. Attach your father details too even though he is not travelling. When you write, mention her previous visit in and out timelines as well. Get ready with these and re apply.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

• My mom has traveled to many different countries, including 5 times to Canada in the past to visit me.

her visitor visa expired during covid, so she re-applied again online for a new visa.
• my sister and grandparents are also there, I’m the only person she knows in Canada

her visa got rejected and after asking for notes, this is what the officer wrote:

I am not satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary
resident, I note that:
- the client is married or has dependents or states to have close family ties in their home country, but is not sufficiently established.
The applicant has not demonstrated sufficiently strong ties to their country of residence.
The applicant's plan of visit appears poorly documented and insufficiently substantiated.
The purpose of visit does not appear reasonable given the applicant's socio-economic situation and
therefore I am not satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of the period of authorized stay.

The documents have proof of marriage, assets (her dental office and a house), travel date and where she stays, proof of bank funds, and more. I’m not sure what the officer meant by the purpose of the visit is not reasonable, given she’s visiting her son.

i was wondering if anyone has any advice that could guide me through the next step?
Exactly how did you get PR ?

Economic?
Spousal ?
Refugee ?

( The last one , can change things )

Beluga0909

Apr 22, 2021
Exactly how did you get PR ?

Economic?
Spousal ?
Refugee ?

( The last one , can change things )
The last one, but not for reasons that would concern IRCC for my mom. It’s LGBTQ reasons. My mom has been to Canada before when I was a refugee, if she wanted to claim she would’ve claimed then.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015

resident, I note that:

Well, and don’t take offence, but if your description of the circumstances are accurate, I’d ask for reconsideration as the first step. It doesn’t seem that the reasons listed are accurate to the facts, even as a refugee claimant.

Beluga0909

Apr 22, 2021
Well, and don’t take offence, but if your description of the circumstances are accurate, I’d ask for reconsideration as the first step. It doesn’t seem that the reasons listed are accurate to the facts, even as a refugee claimant.
Thank you for the reply. How do I ask for consideration? That’s what I believe as well; initially, the reason the officer wrote was they’re not satisfied she will leave the country. However, after requesting GCMS notes, I saw all this irrelevant reasons to her case which was strange; is there an appeal process?