+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

modify intended work in Canada after ITA

devjange

Jun 13, 2020
Hi everyone,

Need some insight here... I received ITA on May 28th draw under CEC class. I currently hold PGWP and work as a full-time employee. When I filled my EE profile intended work in Canada section, I answered 'Do you have a job offer in Canada' as Yes. After receiving ITA and started to upload documents, I found out that I need to submit my job offer. In other threads I found someone suggested to change the question to 'No' will solve the hassle. However, I have some concerns about changing my profile after it was submitted, although my CRS score has not changed for this action. Can anyone with similar experience suggest what I should do / what's the best practice ? Do you finally get PR card by changing the answer.. Thanks !

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi everyone,

Need some insight here... I received ITA on May 28th draw under CEC class. I currently hold PGWP and work as a full-time employee. When I filled my EE profile intended work in Canada section, I answered 'Do you have a job offer in Canada' as Yes. After receiving ITA and started to upload documents, I found out that I need to submit my job offer. In other threads I found someone suggested to change the question to 'No' will solve the hassle. However, I have some concerns about changing my profile after it was submitted, although my CRS score has not changed for this action. Can anyone with similar experience suggest what I should do / what's the best practice ? Do you finally get PR card by changing the answer.. Thanks !
as long as the score doesn't fall below the minimum for your round of invitation there is no problem.

Reactions: devjange

simirp

Nov 1, 2022
Hi everyone,

Hi, I’m in the same situation, can you please tell me what you did?
did you change to no and add an explanation letter for the change ?
did you get your PR?

simirp

Nov 1, 2022
Same situation also, and curious

I spoke to 2 agents/consultants, they said if I did not score additional 50points of LMIA, I can go forward with same application without changing my answer to NO.
moreover, I can attach LOE if I like and attach my offer letter provided by company when initially joined in case they ask for job offer, should not be issue.
I will proceed this way according to their recommendations