+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mmoving our belongings

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
It should be fine coz it will be in their bonded wear house. You need go for customs clearance to get release of your shipment. Based on if you are on WP or PR they might or might not charge you some tax. Make sure you carry goods to follow list that you gave to upack coz you need that for clearance. In our case we entered Canada first and our shipment came after a week or 10 days. They are very nice in that they helped me by holding few more days since I had not gotten my rental place yet.
Thanks Vijay. I get that part. But my question is , would CBSA question me(if i am travelling 2 days after) or UPACK , or check in their systems if i am inside the country or not while UPACK is crossing the border is my actual question. or it doesnt matter?

vijay_r_leo

Aug 28, 2018
This one is better to check with Upack coz I am not sure about it. Normally it says goods to follow list which means the things that arrive after we move into the country. Since upack is holding on to your items it shouldn’t really matter but better to check with them.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
This one is better to check with Upack coz I am not sure about it. Normally it says goods to follow list which means the things that arrive after we move into the country. Since upack is holding on to your items it shouldn’t really matter but better to check with them.
Checked with them, they are like it doesn't matter, we will have your paperwork. You needn't accompany with us. You can travel whenever you want. I was double checking if you or known ppl had done this.

vijay_r_leo

Aug 28, 2018
Checked with them, they are like it doesn't matter, we will have your paperwork. You needn't accompany with us. You can travel whenever you want. I was double checking if you or known ppl had done this.
Then don't worry about it coz they are in business since a long time and they do handle these day in and out. They are always updated with the local regulations coz otherwise they won't be able to even cross the border. All the very best for your move. Just make sure you take all the documents you need coz otherwise it would get difficult to get anything whilst you are in Canada. I had to visit service ontario 8 times to register my US vehicle coz they kept on asking me one or the other document that I had to get it from US :)

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Then don't worry about it coz they are in business since a long time and they do handle these day in and out. They are always updated with the local regulations coz otherwise they won't be able to even cross the border. All the very best for your move. Just make sure you take all the documents you need coz otherwise it would get difficult to get anything whilst you are in Canada. I had to visit service ontario 8 times to register my US vehicle coz they kept on asking me one or the other document that I had to get it from US :)
Sure thanks for your inputs Vijay. I am missing goods to follow document that i had filled during my landing. I couldnt find it. Is BSF186 form that we fill it for UPACK sufficient?

Also , i am not importing my car now(planning to sell it here). Or is it fine if i do it later?

vijay_r_leo

Aug 28, 2018
Sure thanks for your inputs Vijay. I am missing goods to follow document that i had filled during my landing. I couldnt find it. Is BSF186 form that we fill it for UPACK sufficient?

Also , i am not importing my car now(planning to sell it here). Or is it fine if i do it later?
1. BSF186 along with your excel sheet which had info about all your belongings and the approx value are the ones they will ask
2. Sell it in US before you leave coz later it might be a problem selling it while you are in Canada.

I was on a WP there for 1 year so for PR holders rules might be different in every aspect. For me there was 0 tax on my belongings including my US car.

Reactions: swan0206

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
1. BSF186 along with your excel sheet which had info about all your belongings and the approx value are the ones they will ask
2. Sell it in US before you leave coz later it might be a problem selling it while you are in Canada.

I was on a WP there for 1 year so for PR holders rules might be different in every aspect. For me there was 0 tax on my belongings including my US car.
Thanks Vijay. Will keep you posted after our move.