+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistakes on letters of experience

kimmytrang

May 22, 2020
Hello everyone !!!!

My 1-year experience includes 2 jobs, so I had 2 letters of experience for each.

I've already submitted my application (AOR June 25th, 2021) and medical & biometrics has approved a couple of days ago.
However, I just realized that there is 1 mistake in each of them (my bad for not checking carefully), so I'm wondering if these mistakes are serious and need to inform ircc through webform asap?

Mistake 1: in one letter, about my average hours. It should be 34 hours a week, but my former employer wrote "34 hours per week 40 hours a week" like she didn't delete the "40 hours a week" part from her original one (submitted all the paystubs along tho)

Mistake 2: in another letter, about my wage. My wage was $17/h and changed to $17.60 from June 1st, and my letter was signed on June 24th, 2021 in which my wage is still $17 (I also submitted all my paystubs from the beginning of this employment, the most recent one period is June 1-15 has my wage of 17.60) and the rest of my paycheck is $17/h

Could these mistakes cause any misrepresentation? I also submitted all my paystubs, so are there possibilities that they can double-check on them and consider my mistake?

Should I raise a webform immediately ???

Thank you very much for your advice folks

tph058

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Hi Trang,

I think you should raise a webform and adress this mistake the earlier the better. If you can ask both employer to provide the new letter, it's even better but this is not major mistake, so I don't think you have to submit the new letters. Some cases, the officer put it on hold for a while due to some information was missing or shown as error. This can make the process extended longer than it should be. Hope this helps.

kimmytrang

May 22, 2020
Hi Trang,

I think you should raise a webform and adress this mistake the earlier the better. If you can ask both employer to provide the new letter, it's even better but this is not major mistake, so I don't think you have to submit the new letters. Some cases, the officer put it on hold for a while due to some information was missing or shown as error. This can make the process extended longer than it should be. Hope this helps.
Hi there, thank you for your reply!
And yes listened to you that i raised webform to ask if it’s gonna be a problem and will be provide a new letter if needed.
It’s gonna take awhile to ask the former employer to get a new one tho since the last time it took her a month to give me the letter lol. Hopefully they will be fine with it >.<
Thanks again !!!

Peter Q Le

Jan 29, 2018
Hi there, thank you for your reply!
And yes listened to you that i raised webform to ask if it’s gonna be a problem and will be provide a new letter if needed.
It’s gonna take awhile to ask the former employer to get a new one tho since the last time it took her a month to give me the letter lol. Hopefully they will be fine with it >.<
Thanks again !!!
You are overthinking this,
1) Minor typo, you could have this fix and re-submit but 34 or 40 hours still full-time capacity.

2) $17 or $17.60 doesn't really matter, these are small differences, and salary on paystubs varies from employer to employer.

IRCC agents are trained and qualified individuals so do trust that they are logical and reasonable with their judgment.