+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistakes in new citizenship application form!

rrajendra

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
I found the following mistakes in the new application form after reading it out of curiosity!

Question 7. Asks how IRCC can contact the applicant, but does not say how the contact will be handled if both mail and email addresses have been entered.

Question 11. Asks for employment and education history, and says gaps and missing periods will result in application getting rejected! It is contradictory, because unemployment periods cannot be entered in employment history. Should have used some more generic terms for this history!
should have had two different tables as in the section 14.

12.b) Asks to tell when the applicant filed for taxes! Should have been whether or not the applicant filed taxes during the past five years!

13. Assumes that country of birth grants citizenship, this is not true!

14.b There is note starting "*Please do not......" but not clear to what part that applies to?

Last edited:

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I found the following mistakes in the new application form after reading it out of curiosity!

Question 7. Asks how IRCC can contact the applicant, but does not say how the contact will be handled if both mail and email addresses have been entered.

Question 11. Asks for employment and education history, and says gaps and missing periods will result in application getting rejected! It is contradictory, because unemployment periods cannot be entered in employment history. Should have used some more generic terms for this history!

12.b) Asks to tell when the applicant filed for taxes! Should have been whether or not the applicant filed taxes during the past five years!

13. Assumes that country of birth grants citizenship, this is not true!

14.b There is note starting "*Please do not......" but not clear to what part that applies to?
None of these are mistakes but misunderstandings on your side. Please have a look at the instruction guide.

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
None of these are mistakes but misunderstandings on your side. Please have a look at the instruction guide.
I think he has a point tho. The new forms seem to be messy IMHO. Lots of things on there that could have been worded differently. Just like how they rolled out a new instructions guide on Oct 11, then reupdate it the next day which is Oct 12. To my understanding about the work history and school history, they just want to make sure you had something that would definitely keep you in Canada during the eligibility period. There are some people that were not working because they were studying, and vice versa. I hope CIC understand some of these issues.

wael_tun

Oct 22, 2017
Spyfy,

I made these mistakes:

Section 6 left it blank as I assumed I have only to put other used names
Section 11 I said I didn't have to file taxes for the previous years even though I had to,
Section 13 I forgot to mention my citizenship as I assumed it is an evident thing, ( I know stupid)

I have sent my application last week. What do you suggest I do?

Cheers!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Spyfy,

I made these mistakes:

Section 6 left it blank as I assumed I have only to put other used names
Section 11 I said I didn't have to file taxes for the previous years even though I had to,
Section 13 I forgot to mention my citizenship as I assumed it is an evident thing, ( I know stupid)

I have sent my application last week. What do you suggest I do?

Cheers!
Leaving section 6 blank should be fine. For the other mistakes. well, nothing you can do till you get AOR. After you get AOR, you can use the webform with your application reference number and inform CIC on the mistakes/

Reactions: spyfy

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Obviously has a point.

The fact question 9C proves that the form was changed in a hurry.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Also while filling out Question 11:

"Tell us what you have been doing during your eligibility period....."

Have you guys seen what the form looks like after filling it out lol....They want you to write Address (number and street name) in less than 1 inches space. Also when you type it shows as '+' on the end. When you print that '+' also shows up...

Reactions: rrajendra

rrajendra

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017

Have you guys seen what the form looks like after filling it out lol....They want you to write Address (number and street name) in less than 1 inches space. Also when you type it shows as '+' on the end. When you print that '+' also shows up...
:D:D:D:D

Krutika

Star Member
May 5, 2016

ya, my friend is from the states .. applying for citizenship here .. she wrote "United States of America" for her home country and after printing the form, it put a "+" and cut off "America" .. so I told her to just put USA ..lol hope it works out for her ..