+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake with PGWP (post-graduation work permit)

teedeebee

May 30, 2019
Hi All,

I am filling my application for my post-graduation work permit and I realized that when I was renewing my study permit and visa, I made a mistake in the expiration date of my passport (23/6/2023 instead of 28/6/2023). I want to write the correct date in this PGWP so that I don't get refused for misrepresentation. What will be a good way to go about this? Will writing a letter to explain my mistake work?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hi All,

I am filling my application for my post-graduation work permit and I realized that when I was renewing my study permit and visa, I made a mistake in the expiration date of my passport (23/6/2023 instead of 28/6/2023). I want to write the correct date in this PGWP so that I don't get refused for misrepresentation. What will be a good way to go about this? Will writing a letter to explain my mistake work?
IRCC webform

teedeebee

May 30, 2019
IRCC webform
I haven't submitted the application yet. I want to put in the right date now but I don't want them to refuse me for misrepresentation if they see that I made the mistake on my previous approved application. Would adding a letter to my application that explains the situation help instead?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Then you can add an explanation letter in the optional Docs Section (Client Info)

I haven't submitted the application yet. I want to put in the right date now but I don't want them to refuse me for misrepresentation if they see that I made the mistake on my previous approved application. Would adding a letter to my application that explains the situation help instead?

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
Okay I will do that, hopefully I will get approved. Thank you very much!
Hi,did it work as I filled in the wrong date in question no 8 regarding status as worker in another country though it is there in my employment history .What should I do as I just submitted my application yesterday .Thanks