Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
27-07-2018
I sent in the application two days ago, but just find out that I check the wrong box in the checklist. I check "I am currently living in Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class" instead of "I am currently living outside Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class". Do you think the immigration office will send the whole package back to me for correction?

fred f

Jul 5, 2018
Hi Tersa
I came across your post about mistake you made on your PR application, I'm in the same position where by mistake I checked "in-canada" instead of "out-canada" box for my wife's application.
I was curious to see if you found a solution for your mistake & what happened.

Your helpful advise will be much appreciated
Fred

Tersa

May 8, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
27-07-2018
Hi Tersa
I came across your post about mistake you made on your PR application, I'm in the same position where by mistake I checked "in-canada" instead of "out-canada" box for my wife's application.

Fred
Hey, we just received our AOR today, seems it's not a problem. ( Just wanna let you know, no need to reply us)

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
AOR does not mean your application was fine, it only means it is complete and ready for processing. You still have to correct your answer so call the IRCC phone line and inquire about how to update your application.

Do not worry though, your mistake is considered innocent misrepresentation and will not negatively affect you.

ravparamveer

Oct 7, 2018
Hello People,
Unfortunately, I have done same mistake on document checklist. Did this error impact your application. Should I call and fill out web form for correction?

Durn

Mar 10, 2019
Hi Tersa

Fred
[/QUOTE
Hey, we just received our AOR today, seems it's not a problem. ( Just wanna let you know, no need to reply us)
hi Fred ,
Did you get PR ,I just want some insight ,I made a mistake on document checklist didn’t write N/A next to the financial evaluation as I am only sponsoring my spouse no children ,so what should I do ,I am afraid my file will be returned after 5 months ,applied June 9,2021

Durn

Mar 10, 2019
I sent in the application two days ago, but just find out that I check the wrong box in the checklist. I check "I am currently living in Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class" instead of "I am currently living outside Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class". Do you think the immigration office will send the whole package back to me for correction?
Did they send your file back I also put wrong check mark against financial evaluation rather than writing N/A

saiash

Sep 17, 2013
Did you face any issue with your application for by mistake selecting "I am currently living in Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class" instead of "I am currently living outside Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class". Did the spouse get the PR?

saiash

Sep 17, 2013
Hello People,
Unfortunately, I have done same mistake on document checklist. Did this error impact your application. Should I call and fill out web form for correction?

Did you face any issue with your application for by mistake selecting "I am currently living in Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class" instead of "I am currently living outside Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class". Did the spouse get the PR?

saiash

Sep 17, 2013
Hi Tersa

Fred

Jan 31, 2020
Hello Saiash, I made same mistake. Could you please confirm, did you do anything after that? did you face any issue? thank you very much in advance!

Jan 31, 2020
Hello People,
Hello Saiash/ravparamveer/Tersa, please anyone, I made same mistake. Could you please confirm, did you do anything after that? did you face any issue? thank you very much in advance!