+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

mistake in LMIA exempt title on behalf of University

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
everything is aligned and connected the problem is only that the LMIA exempt title is totally opposite to those documents which i have. this category is not in which i may fall for that category i need invitation to apply from Canada and for that title IEC my country is not even eligible.
Confused…I thought employer was changing LMIA exempt code to Awards and is waiting for approval. With the change, you apply with all your current documentation. If so, I don’t see a problem if all the paperwork and documents are in order.

zahra1990

May 20, 2024
ok well i will explain again i applied for graduate research trainee programm which comes under the catagory of LMIA exempt C52 Acadamic Award recipiets. but unfortunatly the concerned person from my host institute mcgill did a mistake and fill my employment letter LMIA exempt title IEC International Experience Canada. i dont have idea about that so i applied but my visa got refused with this logic that i dont have supporting documents of IEC which is correct but io dont know before i searched alot about it now and then i find the reason. my country is not even eligible for IEC i hope u got me now

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
ok well i will explain again i applied for graduate research trainee programm which comes under the catagory of LMIA exempt C52 Acadamic Award recipiets. but unfortunatly the concerned person from my host institute mcgill did a mistake and fill my employment letter LMIA exempt title IEC International Experience Canada. i dont have idea about that so i applied but my visa got refused with this logic that i dont have supporting documents of IEC which is correct but io dont know before i searched alot about it now and then i find the reason. my country is not even eligible for IEC i hope u got me now
So McGill needs to file for new LMIA exemption under C52. Once approved, you reapply for a work permit with all your documents. If all your current documents support C52 then there is no problem. McGill may want to include a short note that they made an error in the first LMIA application and applied for IEC instead of C52.

zahra1990

May 20, 2024
yesh once i will get the revised LMIA i will request mcgill to provide me a letter of proof hopefully it works in my favor.