+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

mistake in LMIA exempt title on behalf of University

zahra1990

May 20, 2024
i want to ask for few info related to reapply . i have applied with all the required documents but unfortunately the LMIA exempt title is filled wrong on behalf of my host university. they said they will provide me the revised offer of employment. i need suggestion to reapply for that what are the supporting documents which makes my case strong?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i want to ask for few info related to reapply . i have applied with all the required documents but unfortunately the LMIA exempt title is filled wrong on behalf of my host university. they said they will provide me the revised offer of employment. i need suggestion to reapply for that what are the supporting documents which makes my case strong?
So you were refused the LMIA exemption just for the title mistake or for other reasons? Documents include reference letters, ECA, language tests.

zahra1990

May 20, 2024
the embassy clearly entitled that just because i dont have the supporting document to that category. rest of the documents are complete and no objection on that.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
the embassy clearly entitled that just because i dont have the supporting document to that category. rest of the documents are complete and no objection on that.
So if title/NOC is now right for the LMIA exemptions then your documents should be okay if they match NOC.

zahra1990

May 20, 2024
the LMIA exemption title they wrote is IEC in which my country didnt fall like its not in the list of the those countries which can eligible for that. my catagory is Academic award Recepiet and all the supporting documents are of academic award so the embassy refuses me because i dont have the supporting documents of IEC.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
the LMIA exemption title they wrote is IEC in which my country didnt fall like its not in the list of the those countries which can eligible for that. my catagory is Academic award Recepiet and all the supporting documents are of academic award so the embassy refuses me because i dont have the supporting documents of IEC.
What university are you working with? So you have received an award from them so they will provide that information, and you show how you meet award criteria and how you will contribute to Canadian research.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i received award from my home country and provided all the proofs attached into the application.
So all you can do is wait. This is the exemption code for awards so Canadian university needs to provide how the award ties in to their research. This is a category for Canadian awards but you may be eligible.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/public-policy-competitiveness-economy/c52.html

zahra1990

May 20, 2024
yes i am eligible for that and i applied for that but i dont know why they put this wrong title and dint filled it carefully which is creating alot of heck in my life. i am waiting for the revised LMIA now and need to know about that how will i collect the supporting documents because i need a proof of mistake and well defined the mistake whiuch is not on my behalf. i want to make my case strong and convincing. any sugesstion on that

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
yes i am eligible for that and i applied for that but i dont know why they put this wrong title and dint filled it carefully which is creating alot of heck in my life. i am waiting for the revised LMIA now and need to know about that how will i collect the supporting documents because i need a proof of mistake and well defined the mistake whiuch is not on my behalf. i want to make my case strong and convincing. any sugesstion on that
Have the university/employer explain it because it was their error. I don’t see how supporting documents would change. University just needs to explain in a paragraph why you are eligible under this exemption code, and how the award from your home country advances their research in Canada. The link explains what your employer must provide.

zahra1990

May 20, 2024
she just reply me that i will resend you the revised LMIA. she didnt even know that she did a big mistake i searched it on my behalf and many of my fellows apply on similar position. as they have administration post i am a bit afraid if i will ask them for the proof of mistake they might get offended.

zahra1990

May 20, 2024
yes i do have the letter in which all these details are mentioned from my supervisor under which i am going to do my work.

zahra1990

May 20, 2024
its well explained over there also that what will i do when i come to canada for six months. like lectures, symposia, workshops etc

zahra1990

May 20, 2024
everything is aligned and connected the problem is only that the LMIA exempt title is totally opposite to those documents which i have. this category is not in which i may fall for that category i need invitation to apply from Canada and for that title IEC my country is not even eligible.