+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

mistake in IMM 5532 - forms are mailed

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
Hi Guys,
I was re checking IMM 5532 form and realized that we left one field blank. Question in the form was -
Did anyone of the below go to any of the event above?
we selected NO for children as we dont have any children, we are recently married.
BUT we left next block blank that says if no to any of the above, explain.

Please help me now that forms are mailed what do you think about this mistake?

Thanks

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Good you selected NO for children as you don't have any children.

As per the mistake to have left the next block blank that says if no to any of the above, explain.......you have 2 options;
  1. Send a letter to IRCC thru Webform to explain that your correctly choose NO to the question in IMM5532 form but did to provide explanation in the text box....hence you want IRCC to note the minor update.
  2. Update the IMM5532 form with the explanation if no to any of the above........Sponsor and PA sign the form.......and mail to IRCC.....see new spousal sponsorship checklist for new mailing address.........if you just mailed your application and has not received AOR.......in Webform question.....Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada? NO........select NO as apps may not have been transferred.
I personally would do option 1........but its up to you.

Reactions: avanipatil

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Hi Guys,
I was re checking IMM 5532 form and realized that we left one field blank. Question in the form was -
we selected NO for children as we dont have any children, we are recently married.

Thanks
It is very unlikely that your app will be returned because of this...it’s a very minor thing plus they will be able to see from your app that you both have no children otherwise they would have been listed in the “Additional family information” form where your supposed to list any children you both got if any. I’m sure they will understand.

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
Good you selected NO for children as you don't have any children.

As per the mistake to have left the next block blank that says if no to any of the above, explain.......you have 2 options;
  1. Send a letter to IRCC thru Webform to explain that your correctly choose NO to the question in IMM5532 form but did to provide explanation in the text box....hence you want IRCC to note the minor update.
  2. Update the IMM5532 form with the explanation if no to any of the above........Sponsor and PA sign the form.......and mail to IRCC.....see new spousal sponsorship checklist for new mailing address.........if you just mailed your application and has not received AOR.......in Webform question.....Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada? NO........select NO as apps may not have been transferred.
I personally would do option 1........but its up to you.
Thank you Weki For your response, i too go with 1st option as you suggested.
Small confusion-
Check box says:
Children's if applicable so do you think we should not even select NO and leave as it is as ita says if Applicable?

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
It is very unlikely that your app will be returned because of this...it’s a very minor thing plus they will be able to see from your app that you both have no children otherwise they would have been listed in the “Additional family information” form where your supposed to list any children you both got if any. I’m sure they will understand.
Thank you... Thats is my hope too bt if i send it from my side do u think its okay.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Thank you Weki For your response, i too go with 1st option as you suggested.
Small confusion-
Check box says:
Children's if applicable so do you think we should not even select NO and leave as it is as ita says if Applicable?
The Check box says: Children's if applicable.......so you should NOT have ticked the checkbox as you don't have children and its not applicable.

However, its very minor and should have no effect.....relax......just do as suggested in Option 1 to ease your worries regarding this issue.

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Thank you... Thats is my hope too bt if i send it from my side do u think its okay.
I’m sure you will get your AOR if that’s the only thing your worried about . I personally didn’t even tick neither of the boxes since I got no children and just wrote N/A with pen right beside that question and they were ok with it. There are people working there, not robots and they will see clear from your app that you both got no children otherwise they would have been showed in the Additional family information, or as PA’s dependents or as Sponsor’s financially dependent people. I don’t think that raising webform or mailing in updated form would do anything at this point since you haven’t received your AOR yet and they wouldn’t be able to link that information to your application as it’s not in their system yet but you can try just for the peace of mind. But I honestly think you got nothing to worry about anyway.

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
I’m sure you will get your AOR if that’s the only thing your worried about . I personally didn’t even tick neither of the boxes since I got no children and just wrote N/A with pen right beside that question and they were ok with it. There are people working there, not robots and they will see clear from your app that you both got no children otherwise they would have been showed in the Additional family information, or as PA’s dependents or as Sponsor’s financially dependent people. I don’t think that raising webform or mailing in updated form would do anything at this point since you haven’t received your AOR yet and they wouldn’t be able to link that information to your application as it’s not in their system yet but you can try just for the peace of mind. But I honestly think you got nothing to worry about anyway.
Thanks a lot big relief.
If i would have marked NA using blank pen after signing the docs, would that be an issue?

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Thanks a lot big relief.
If i would have marked NA using blank pen after signing the docs, would that be an issue?
It’s ok that you ticked the box “No” instead of writing “N/A”. IRCC will be able to determine that you and your spouse have no children by looking at your other forms like that one where you were supposed to list all your children and if you put N/A in IMM 5406 under the children section they’ll instantly see it and understand that you and your spouse have no children therefore that question didn’t apply to you.

joborromeo

Oct 12, 2017
I made a typo mistake in IMM5532 part c question 11 where you can write information about your relationship- instead of writing 2016, i wrote 2017. Is that crucial? How can I correct it.

ssd33

Sep 30, 2022
Hi Guys,

Thanks
Hey ..you got aor ?? Because I did the same mistake please reply as soon as possible mam

ssd33

Sep 30, 2022
So she got aor ??