+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake in IM5257E

ImmtoCan

Dec 6, 2018
Unfortunately , I made a mistake with the gender for my mother while submitting the form for visitor visa application. I have raised a web form to correct the mistake today

My parents have received a Biometrics request with wrong Gender for my mother . Do I need to wait for CIC to correct and send a right Biometrics request or can my mom got to VFS and get Bio metrics done.

VFS center is long way from home and parents have already made travel arrangements to complete the same.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Unfortunately , I made a mistake with the gender for my mother while submitting the form for visitor visa application. I have raised a web form to correct the mistake today

My parents have received a Biometrics request with wrong Gender for my mother . Do I need to wait for CIC to correct and send a right Biometrics request or can my mom got to VFS and get Bio metrics done.

VFS center is long way from home and parents have already made travel arrangements to complete the same.
VFS will most likely not accept her biometrics with the wrong gender. It's best to wait for the visa office to issue a new BIL. You can email their local visa office for this

ImmtoCan

Dec 6, 2018
VFS will most likely not accept her biometrics with the wrong gender. It's best to wait for the visa office to issue a new BIL. You can email their local visa office for this
Thanks . I submitted visa application online and sent email to CPC Ottawa for correction. My parents are based in India. Is local Office Delhi handling the biometric request.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks . I submitted visa application online and sent email to CPC Ottawa for correction. My parents are based in India. Is local Office Delhi handling the biometric request.
CPC-Ottawa is not the visa office to contact. Where in India did your parents apply from?