+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

mistake in 1294e form

hagoog

Nov 8, 2019
Hi everyone

i submitted my application for a study permit today, when i came back home to review the papers i submitted i found a mistake,
I typed everything about the university correct (DLI and everything) but instead of choosing Toronto city i chose Trenton.
i want to know if i should correct this and in this case how.
Note: in the acceptance letter i submitted there is full information about the college ( so city and everything )
Thanks

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
No real way to correct it, probably just leave it, I dont see how it could matter.

You could send a webform explaining in a letter.

hagoog

Nov 8, 2019
No real way to correct it, probably just leave it, I dont see how it could matter.

You could send a webform explaining in a letter.
thanks for your reply i am really nervous as the program that i found really fits me and i am trying to avoid any mistakes.
i will call the visa office tomorrow and see what i can do, Thanks again you made me feel better.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
thanks for your reply i am really nervous as the program that i found really fits me and i am trying to avoid any mistakes.
i will call the visa office tomorrow and see what i can do, Thanks again you made me feel better.
Its a minor error, its not an issue. It wouldnt cause them to make an error in their decision so its not misrepresentation.

Reactions: hagoog

Damsss

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Hi everyone

i submitted my application for a study permit today, when i came back home to review the papers i submitted i found a mistake,
I typed everything about the university correct (DLI and everything) but instead of choosing Toronto city i chose Trenton.
i want to know if i should correct this and in this case how.
Note: in the acceptance letter i submitted there is full information about the college ( so city and everything )
Thanks
I had an error in my application as well but I did submit a webform saying that I made an error on my application. I just had to be sure because it's better safe than sorry. They recognized it and said they've added the information to my file. They responded in 3 days time.

hagoog

Nov 8, 2019
I had an error in my application as well but I did submit a webform saying that I made an error on my application. I just had to be sure because it's better safe than sorry. They recognized it and said they've added the information to my file. They responded in 3 days time.
I checked the webform and I saw that I got to have uci and application number and I didn't get them yet, so should I wait until I receive them ?

Last edited:

hagoog

Nov 8, 2019
i contacted the visa office and they said if i want to send a webform it has to be through IRCC directly, so i will probably just wait until they get the application, as the average processing time is 7 weeks, then submit a webform stating the mistake, i know it is a minor mistake but i will do it to keep everything clear and to avoid a delay in the application.