+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MISTAKE FROM CIC???I GOT REJECTION LETTER LAST WEEK AND GOT MY GCMS THIS WEEK.

SweetDreams

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Hi guys,

It's me again. So last week I posted my rejection letter of my CEC application. For those who would like to read my post from last week
here is the link http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t189852.0.html

So basically I got rejection letter saying I did not meet the minimum requirements for the english test and that's why my application got refused.

My score: English test was written Dec. 2012 (where I met the requirements. They changed the requirements in Jan. 2013)
IELTS
Listening: 6.0
Reading: 5.5 (this is the one they didn't like)
Writing: 7.0
Speaking: 7.5

I know what the most up to date english requirements are, however I got my GCMS notes today (picture attached) where it says I MET the english requirements.

So now I am really confused. GCMS notes were requested last month on 20. February 2014. I received them today. Please help, since I think I only have 14 days to file a complaint. Help from the Hero members are much appreciated. If more information is needed, I can provide them for you guys. Thanks a lot.

Here is my timeline:

Application filed: March 4, 2013
Application Received: March 15, 2013
AOR Received: April 18, 2013
e-CAS Received: March 11, 2013
Bridging Open Work Permit Received: April 26, 2013
Bridging Open Work Permit Expires: April 25, 2014
Rejection letter received: March 12, 2014
no medical

;
;

SweetDreams

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
Looks like cic made mistake by saying your language is met as you are skilled A. You would meet if you applied before Jan 1st 2013. But the good thing noted from the GCMS is your eligibility was passed. My view is to reapply which is more efficient rather than to appeal.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Where in the notes does it say you passed language requirements? Sorry it's too small I can't see... I'm pretty sure the requirements NOW are IELTS 6 in all four categories. I don't know the requirements back in March 2013 when you applied, which is what counts...

If the requirements back then was different, you have a case. If not, there is a mistake on the GCMS notes and your CEC case has no hope I'm afraid :(

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
orebaron said:
I think you should reapply, instead of fighting it.
Yeah there's no room for argument in language requirements: either you pass or not. Re-application with passing score is the only thing OP can do if he didn't pass when he first applied.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
You have a very narrow window book your ielts or celpip which ever has availability first and reapply again with new scores. If I were you I would book my test without any second thought. Work till your last day of your work permit than take vacations until you get your AOR.

SweetDreams

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
thanks a lot for the responses. My question is, if there was something wrong with my application in the first place, why didn't I get my application back but instead they dragged me on for almost a year, making me lose my status here in canada soon or even take the fees and reject me afterwards. I don't think that is fair. I mean I can not even say anything and just have to accept that it was a "mistake"? What kind of system is this?

Anywho, I already booked my english test for this saturday. Doing the CELPIP. One last question. I'm assuming I won't get my documents from my first application right? When I reapply, should I also send them my AOR , rejection letter or mention I applied before and got rejected for that particular reason?

Thanks a lot you guys. :)

lithium002

Nov 11, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb/07/2013
Doc's Request.
Aug/22/2013
AOR Received.
Mar/19/2013
Med's Request
Dec/01/2013
Med's Done....
Dec/09/2013
Passport Req..
Mar/13/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mar/26/2014
LANDED..........
Mar/30/2014
SweetDreams said:
thanks a lot for the responses. My question is, if there was something wrong with my application in the first place, why didn't I get my application back but instead they dragged me on for almost a year, making me lose my status here in canada soon or even take the fees and reject me afterwards. I don't think that is fair. I mean I can not even say anything and just have to accept that it was a "mistake"? What kind of system is this?

Anywho, I already booked my english test for this saturday. Doing the CELPIP. One last question. I'm assuming I won't get my documents from my first application right? When I reapply, should I also send them my AOR , rejection letter or mention I applied before and got rejected for that particular reason?

Did you meet the language requirements at the time of your application?

Priority

Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
05-11-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
5-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
2-Apr-2014
VISA ISSUED...
4-Apr-2014
SweetDreams said:

My situation was almost the same as your. But I was a little bit luckier than you to find this website a couple month after my application was received and happen to know that my CELPIP resullts were not enough for NOC A.
Basically, I first applied in May 2013, I got AOR in July 2013, I found out that my results were not enough in August. I took the examen again and sent the new results to CIC which then rejected along with my application in September in 2013 ( I did not get my first application package back, but the refusal email). Meanwhile, I was preparing a new application which I sent it as soon as I got the refusal letter. I included it in the new application along with a letter stating why my previous application was refused. Also, I don't remember the form title, but I had to put somewhere that I have already been refused PR.

SweetDreams

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Goku said:
I agree. I would have submitted my application without IELTS or CELPIP, instead would have added explanation letter stating that I will submit it later when its available (its just because no. of application are limited), And would have booked for IELTS or CELPIP on same days; would have waited for AOR and as soon as after receiving AOR I would have submitted my language score.
You can apply without your language test and still get an AOR??? Ok I didn't know that. Are you sure??? You can submit your language test later on after receiving your AOR?

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
SweetDreams said:
You can apply without your language test and still get an AOR??? Ok I didn't know that. Are you sure??? You can submit your language test later on after receiving your AOR?
No, definitely not after Nov 8. Your app will be returned for sure without enough score of language test.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
Those GCMS notes are generated when you requested it.
It could be that the initial review was "Passed" (the one you're seeing here), but subsequent or senior reviews was able to catch that Language Issue. I wouldn't place too much weight on this.
Why don't you ask for a new set of GCMS notes now?

The right question to ask, as posted by different people here: were you eligible when you submitted your application?

Also, I think (I may be wrong) that the AOR-eligibility-stage is to see if you have complete set of documents, not necessarily the content of these.

SweetDreams

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Priority said:
My situation was almost the same as your. But I was a little bit luckier than you to find this website a couple month after my application was received and happen to know that my CELPIP resullts were not enough for NOC A.
Basically, I first applied in May 2013, I got AOR in July 2013, I found out that my results were not enough in August. I took the examen again and sent the new results to CIC which then rejected along with my application in September in 2013 ( I did not get my first application package back, but the refusal email). Meanwhile, I was preparing a new application which I sent it as soon as I got the refusal letter. I included it in the new application along with a letter stating why my previous application was refused. Also, I don't remember the form title, but I had to put somewhere that I have already been refused PR.
Wow lucky you. Ya I guess I was very unlucky with this one. So you think I should include a letter as well, just like you? Sounds good. Can I send out my application without the police record of my country and submit them after or is that a "must have" in your application? Are there any other offices you can recommend to send my application to other than Sydney Nova Scotia? Anyone knows how the other offices operate?

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
I agree. You have to submit your Language test results with your application, else it will be returned to you.

GHD1213 said:
No, definitely not after Nov 8. Your app will be returned for sure without enough score of language test.

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
Treat this as a new application.

You must send it to the CIO Office in Sydney. You can submit it without a PCC. After you receive your AOR, you can mail your original PCC to CIC Office.

Good luck!

SweetDreams said:
Wow lucky you. Ya I guess I was very unlucky with this one. So you think I should include a letter as well, just like you? Sounds good. Can I send out my application without the police record of my country and submit them after or is that a "must have" in your application? Are there any other offices you can recommend to send my application to other than Sydney Nova Scotia? Anyone knows how the other offices operate?