+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misspelled Name in Application

mgmann0001

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Haha so I don't know if I should reschedule my biometrics appointment tbh. I scheduled it for today lol but I don't think there's anything to lose if I get there and they refuse to take my biometrics. I will reschedule it later if that's the case. I've been reading in other forums of people who never got any response from their webforms
In India rescheduling is not allowed due to covid

douglasr

Feb 20, 2021
What is the mistake in ur BIL?
I misspelled my name in the Study Permit form.

My correct name is Douglas Jose Rodriguez Guevara and I wrote Douglas Rodriguez as my given name so right now it shows as 'Douglas Rodriguez Rodriguez Guevara' (second name is missing). It's pretty obvious that it's a typo.

mgmann0001

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
I misspelled my name in the Study Permit form.

My correct name is Douglas Jose Rodriguez Guevara and I wrote Douglas Rodriguez as my given name so right now it shows as 'Douglas Rodriguez Rodriguez Guevara' (second name is missing). It's pretty obvious that it's a typo.
Its not a big mistake

Reactions: douglasr

douglasr

Feb 20, 2021
Update: Went to the biometrics appointment on February 26th, explained the lady who attended me that I made a mistake and that I've already raised a webform, so she proceeded with the session. By March 2nd (4 days later), the Principal Applicant name displayed in my IRCC account is now correct.

Negar23

Mar 13, 2021
I noticed the typo in my name after the biometric. I sent a web form about two weeks ago but they did not answer. Today I was requested to send my passport for receiving my visa. Can my problem still be fixed?

Ravi m

Jul 27, 2021
I noticed the typo in my name after the biometric. I sent a web form about two weeks ago but they did not answer. Today I was requested to send my passport for receiving my visa. Can my problem still be fixed?
Is ur problem fixed? I am facing similar problem, due to some technical glitch IRCC replaced my principal applicant name and biometrics details with other person detials, now I have received passport request letter but its not on my name, I have raised webform for correction, followed by new PPR with correct name.

Please let me know, how much time it takes for IRCC to update my details.

mgmann0001

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Is ur problem fixed? I am facing similar problem, due to some technical glitch IRCC replaced my principal applicant name and biometrics details with other person detials, now I have received passport request letter but its not on my name, I have raised webform for correction, followed by new PPR with correct name.

Did u gave ur biometrics with the wrong BIL?

Negar23

Mar 13, 2021

Hi,
Yes it is fixed. I sent some emails to the embassy besides submitting webformes. I submitted 3 or 4 webforms but each after one or two weeks. It actually took a while to be fixed. I wrote a letter and printed it out and put it in the middle of my passport in an envelope and sent it with my passport to the embassy. I did not receive any replies to my emails and no email was sent to me that my problem was noticed by them. But after more than a month I checked my account and my name was fixed. They definitely check the passport and all your information but they just don’t sent you any replies. You just have to wait they have made the mistake and they fix it 100%. Just be patient.

Ravi m

Jul 27, 2021
Hi,
Yes it is fixed. I sent some emails to the embassy besides submitting webformes. I submitted 3 or 4 webforms but each after one or two weeks. It actually took a while to be fixed. I wrote a letter and printed it out and put it in the middle of my passport in an envelope and sent it with my passport to the embassy. I did not receive any replies to my emails and no email was sent to me that my problem was noticed by them. But after more than a month I checked my account and my name was fixed. They definitely check the passport and all your information but they just don’t sent you any replies. You just have to wait they have made the mistake and they fix it 100%. Just be patient.
Could you please ping me in WhatsApp 9663343167, I need some suggestions.

Please don't ignore

Ravi m

Jul 27, 2021
Did u gave ur biometrics with the wrong BIL?
I gave my biometrics with right bil, after that my details were updated in GC KEY ACCOUNT properly, after 20 days my name, biometric number and date of enrollment got replaced with someone else data

Dec 27, 2022
hi! Every1. I have received my PPR BIL with my misspelled name. One character is interchanged. I have raised webform on 16 nov and i received a reply on 9 dec that the docs are available for the officer to review. After that no reply. Can anyone guide me

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
hi! Every1. I have received my PPR BIL with my misspelled name. One character is interchanged. I have raised webform on 16 nov and i received a reply on 9 dec that the docs are available for the officer to review. After that no reply. Can anyone guide me
What is a PPR BIL?

At any rate: you can probably proceed to do whatever it is they asked, just attach a note or something ATTENTION name misspelled in letter from them. It will only be an issue if at end of process official docs printed wiht name misspelled (like the visa and/or copr).