+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

obt

Apr 26, 2018
I just found this thread yesterday, so this is my first time posting here... Our application seems to have moved crazy fast, the application was received on Apr 27 and we got DM for the PA in ECAS this morning. I'm shocked and elated, but as others have said, feeling a little guilty for how quick this is moving while others are still waiting!

Timeline:
Submitted: Apr 26 / Received: Apr 27
AOR: May 31
Sponsor ECAS DM: June 9 / SA received: June 26
MR: June 14 / Completed: June 22 / Passed: June 26
File transfer: June 26
DM in ECAS: June 29

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Yeah the question is why would you appoint the sponsor as an unpaid representative? what s the benefit?
It's required if the sponsor is listed as a contact person or if it's the sponsor's email address that's being used for the application messages. Privacy laws would prohibit IRCC from giving any information about the PA's application to anyone other than the PA otherwise, and they would not be able to communicate about the application at all, stalling the process.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
I just found this thread yesterday, so this is my first time posting here... Our application seems to have moved crazy fast, the application was received on Apr 27 and we got DM for the PA in ECAS this morning. I'm shocked and elated, but as others have said, feeling a little guilty for how quick this is moving while others are still waiting!

Timeline:
Congrats!

It's great to see such quick movement at Mississauga.

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018

Timeline:
Congratulations! They keep getting faster!

Out of interest are you married or common-law and what nationality is the PA?

What I wouldn't give to understand why some are this quick and others aren't!!

evdm

Jun 16, 2017

I think a lot has to do with the new checklists and having to submit Schedule A and PCCs upfront now. That change was brought specifically to speed things up, and it appears that it's working.

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
I think a lot has to do with the new checklists and having to submit Schedule A and PCCs upfront now. That change was brought specifically to speed things up, and it appears that it's working.
It's not clear to me the difference this would make for applications like mine and yours though - the wait at Mississauga is after these have been submitted. Or are they working on them from the AOR1 point, alongside sponsor checks?

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
It's not clear to me the difference this would make for applications like mine and yours though - the wait at Mississauga is after these have been submitted. Or are they working on them from the AOR1 point, alongside sponsor checks?
I'm sure that the new forms are just one element of an overall change in procedure for processing applications to speed them up, so my guess is that newer applications are treated differently with these new processes.

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
I'm sure that the new forms are just one element of an overall change in procedure for processing applications to speed them up, so my guess is that newer applications are treated differently with these new processes.
Makes sense. Wish I'd waiting a couple of months!

obt

Apr 26, 2018

Thank you! We are married (a month and a half before submitting) and he is French.

It really does seem to be random, it's hard because we all want to do whatever we can to push them through faster, but there doesn't seem to be a clear reason or explanation!

The only things I could think of for us that might have helped is that he has traveled a lot, but we were very meticulous in our reporting of his travels (it was a two- or three-page table that we included). We've also visited each other a lot and traveled together quite a bit through our relationship, and we included clear explanations of several friends/family members we had met and when, as well as several letters from friends about our relationship (I was afraid we wouldn't have enough proof of relationship because we don't have joint bank accounts). But I know everyone is pretty meticulous and detailed with the applications so I don't think there's really anything special about our case or the way we did it!

Reactions: anxiously.waiting

obt

Apr 26, 2018
The thing is though, we did not submit those documents upfront - that's something I was unsure about when submitting, and we just uploaded them online later when they were requested.

LOURDES13

Apr 2, 2018
Yeah the question is why would you appoint the sponsor as an unpaid representative? what s the benefit?
I am my husband's unpaid representative and we did this so that all the emails come to me. He travels all over the US for work and this is the most efficient way for us to take care of things quickly.

Apr 27, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-03-2018
AOR Received.
27-04-2018
File Transfer...
09-05-2018
Med's Request
01-05-2018
Med's Done....
10-05-2018
Passport Req..
26-06-2018
Thank you! We are married (a month and a half before submitting) and he is French.

It really does seem to be random, it's hard because we all want to do whatever we can to push them through faster, but there doesn't seem to be a clear reason or explanation!

The only things I could think of for us that might have helped is that he has traveled a lot, but we were very meticulous in our reporting of his travels (it was a two- or three-page table that we included). We've also visited each other a lot and traveled together quite a bit through our relationship, and we included clear explanations of several friends/family members we had met and when, as well as several letters from friends about our relationship (I was afraid we wouldn't have enough proof of relationship because we don't have joint bank accounts). But I know everyone is pretty meticulous and detailed with the applications so I don't think there's really anything special about our case or the way we did it!
Since getting DM, I've been racking my brain trying to understand why some applications are so speedy and others wait and wait (even through Mississauga). I don't have a definite answer, but I think using the new forms and submitting everything up front helped. I wonder though-- similar to you we don't have joint accounts and I was worried about proof of relationship, so we submitted ~10 really nice letters from our friends and family. Maybe that helped speed things up, or maybe just dumb luck?

Keeping my fingers crossed for all those applicants still waiting from early 2018.

Reactions: obt and evdm