+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
eheheh same here two months into bgc, i hope no news good news :D
I've not even got BGC started yet... I'm with you on the no news being good news front. Staying positive!

I think the visa officer dealing with my file is either on vacation or has taken a leave of absence, lol. Funnily enough, I drove past the office building in Mississauga yesterday afternoon on my way to dinner. Didn't think about it till later when I started wondering why the street name sounded so familiar.

Last edited:

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Lucky them... haha. Now if only someone could look at my file too.

Seriously though, I think it's great for everyone who is getting processed so quickly. Let's hope this keeps up and spreads to all visa offices.
I'm hoping you get your PPR soon. Have you hit the 6 month mark yet? It might not be much of a consolation but thank goodness you can freely visit Canada while you wait.

Reactions: evdm

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
I've not even got BGC started yet... I'm with you on the no news being good news front. Staying positive!

I think the visa officer dealing with my file is either on vacation or has taken a leave of absence, lol. Funnily enough, I drove past the office building in Mississauga yesterday afternoon on my way to dinner. Didn't think about it till later when I started wondering why the street name sounded so familiar.
That might actually be possible.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
I'm hoping you get your PPR soon. Have you hit the 6 month mark yet? It might not be much of a consolation but thank goodness you can freely visit Canada while you wait.
The 6 month mark will be July 15. I'm trying not to complain at all about the process because I know it can take up to a year for even the most straightforward of cases and that very many applicants don't have the opportunity to visit Canada while their applications are in process. I'm extremely fortunate in many regards.

At the same time, all of this travel is also a very costly endeavour. Between myself and my husband there's been at least one trans-Atlantic flight a month since last November when we got married, on top of multiple (though less frequent) visits and trips prior to that. Separately, I've practically been living out of a suitcase for the last two years so it would be great to finally be able to settle down again and move on with life. Our honeymoon is set for October, and our hopes are to be living together in Canada by that time. I've even booked the return flight to Buffalo so that I can cross at the land border if I happen to have landed but not yet received the PR Card. Wishful thinking, perhaps, but hopefully it'll turn out to be prudent planning. :)

Snowman1308

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
The 6 month mark will be July 15. I'm trying not to complain at all about the process because I know it can take up to a year for even the most straightforward of cases and that very many applicants don't have the opportunity to visit Canada while their applications are in process. I'm extremely fortunate in many regards.

At the same time, all of this travel is also a very costly endeavour. Between myself and my husband there's been at least one trans-Atlantic flight a month since last November when we got married, on top of multiple (though less frequent) visits and trips prior to that. Separately, I've practically been living out of a suitcase for the last two years so it would be great to finally be able to settle down again and move on with life. Our honeymoon is set for October, and our hopes are to be living together in Canada by that time. I've even booked the return flight to Buffalo so that I can cross at the land border if I happen to have landed but not yet received the PR Card. Wishful thinking, perhaps, but hopefully it'll turn out to be prudent planning. :)
Sounds like airlines are making a lot of money from us, I have got a very similar story. My 6 months mark is gonna be august and originally I wasn't even expecting anything before the winter, but the initial quick evolvings of the application and these super fast cases in Mississauga got my expectations up.
I can still visit my wife and potentially move in with her even before the PR, but I wouldn't be comfortable to sit at home while she is the only one working.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Sounds like airlines are making a lot of money from us, I have got a very similar story. My 6 months mark is gonna be august and originally I wasn't even expecting anything before the winter, but the initial quick evolvings of the application and these super fast cases in Mississauga got my expectations up.
I can still visit my wife and potentially move in with her even before the PR, but I wouldn't be comfortable to sit at home while she is the only one working.
It's let me keep frequent flier status for sure...

I can work remotely so it's helped us be together during the process too. My company has an office in Canada so I have that job to come back to once everything is sorted for PR.

Snowman1308

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
It's let me keep frequent flier status for sure...

I can work remotely so it's helped us be together during the process too. My company has an office in Canada so I have that job to come back to once everything is sorted for PR.
Yeah same thing, I m army now and I ll join as a skilled foreigner in canada but I need PR to start that, which is another thorough vetting process that might take some time.. that's also a reason I need this CoPR as soon as possible

Feb 12, 2018
England
My partner spoke to a supervisor at immigration yesterday as we haven’t heard anything since I got my PCC and schedule A request back in March , online it just said his sponsor part is in process

The supervisor said that missions working 2-3 months behind and that he status on their system has changed to “ in review “ which means someone has it in their hands reviewing it and we should have a DM by end of July and then I should get my medical request fingers crossed

Time line

App received: Jan 15th 2018
AOR1: March 1st
Linked accounts: March 2nd
PCC and schedule A request: March 19th

Roll on 4 weeks time

hatem1981

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
12-09-2017
Look on GCkey, it will say if passed there. ECAS doesn't say.
the thing is it says don't link ur file to GCkey if u appointed unpaid representative, right ? my wife appointed me. so Am I right ? wrong ?

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
the thing is it says don't link ur file to GCkey if u appointed unpaid representative, right ? my wife appointed me. so Am I right ? wrong ?
I'm not sure, haven't heard of this before so will leave it to someone more experienced to answer!

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
Yes you are right.
You can’t link your application because you have a rep, paid or unpaid makes no difference.

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
can't you just link the app to your account? I believe that's what we did. I'm the PA and we linked it to the sponsor account.
I read on CIC website that you won’t be able and you should not link the account if you have a paid or unpaid rep.
I shared the link on one of the threads here.

Snowman1308

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
I read on CIC website that you won’t be able and you should not link the account if you have a paid or unpaid rep.
I shared the link on one of the threads here.
Yeah the question is why would you appoint the sponsor as an unpaid representative? what s the benefit?