+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
Hey everyone! I'd like to ask a question on behalf of my friend who is sponsoring her husband to Canada via Outland Sponsorship.

She just got an email today stating that his application is going to be processed in Mississauga, which is all fine and good. Different from when I did this.

However, we are a little concerned about the Medical Request.
On I believe June 11th, the status on her account changed to say that they will be receiving either an email or letter for Medical Request. Now, June 26th, they still have not received anything for this. No letter in the mail, no email and nothing on the account messages either.

Is it normal for the Medical Request to take this long in reaching them?
It is totally normal.
Be patient, I am sure Medical Request is on its way.

Reactions: PandaChan
M

marilamb

PA
Applicant
  1. We received --- application for permanent residence on March 14, 2018.
  2. We sent --- correspondence on April 24, 2018. If --- has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have --- do so as soon as possible. Please wait until --- receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  3. We sent --- medical instructions on April 27, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
And then in GcKey we have:
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: Not applicable.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: revenant

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
  1. We received --- application for permanent residence on March 14, 2018.
  2. We sent --- correspondence on April 24, 2018. If --- has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have --- do so as soon as possible. Please wait until --- receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  3. We sent --- medical instructions on April 27, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
And then in GcKey we have:
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: Not applicable.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Many thanks for sharing this.

Very strange that you don’t have a line in your ECAS that says “ We have started processing your application on 00/00/2018”.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
It seems (from the spreadsheet) that I am one of very few January 2018 applicants left in Mississauga. The wait is killing me. I'm fortunate to be able to travel to Canada often, but it's really taking a toll on life and the bank balance.

Keeping fingers crossed that things get processed soon.

Reactions: cw7585

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
It seems (from the spreadsheet) that I am one of very few January 2018 applicants left in Mississauga. The wait is killing me. I'm fortunate to be able to travel to Canada often, but it's really taking a toll on life and the bank balance.

Fingers crossed for you! Not sure if you follow this spreadsheet, but the last few Mississauga applications with DM on the London spreadsheet (that also tracks those that don't end up going there) took 128, 109, 70, 94, 111, 97, 57, 177 and 71 days to get DM after SA. Looked at yours and you are 105 days out so hopefully very soon if those are anything to go by. I think the 177 day person had a documentation delay during BGC as well, so I'd discount that from the average.

Reactions: evdm
Apr 27, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-03-2018
AOR Received.
27-04-2018
File Transfer...
09-05-2018
Med's Request
01-05-2018
Med's Done....
10-05-2018
Passport Req..
26-06-2018
Many thanks for sharing this.

Very strange that you don’t have a line in your ECAS that says “ We have started processing your application on 00/00/2018”.
I think it's pretty common for Mississauga processed applicants to not have that line even after their background check has started....

In my experience, my partner received PPR today and when I went to check ECAS, it said decision made. But, as mentioned earlier in this thread, there was a new line on the PA side (inserted at #2) that said 'we started processing your application on 25/06/2018'. This line is chronologically out of date. Not sure what this means, but an interesting point.

Last edited:
Reactions: revenant
M

marilamb

I think this is pretty common for Mississauga processed applicants....

My partner received PPR today and when I went to check ECAS, it said decision made! As mentioned earlier in this thread, there was a new line on the PA side (inserted at #2) that said 'we started processing your application on 25/06/2018'. This line is chronologically out of date, but an interesting thing to watch out for.
I dont have this and I dont think many others do. Thats aor2 I think and it seems like its not always there for Mississauga.

cw7585

May 31, 2018

Understandable. And it's not nothing that you've been the most consistently helpful and accurate responder on this site. Hoping for good news for you soon.

Reactions: ursus and evdm

mrs_december

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
File Transfer...
26-06-2018
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
File processing at CPC-M as of today. I'm quite surprised, and extremely thankful, to have gotten that today.

Reactions: hatem1981

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
Really shocked, but I got DM and PPR today already. Very happy, but confused this was all so much quicker than I thought...
Wow, congratulations!

Reactions: Knittingdemon

Knittingdemon

Dec 27, 2017
I have to say I'm a tad (read: very) jealous, but happy for everyone whose process is coming to completion.
Very understandable. Hard to understand the variations in processing time. I do know that the authorities in my country (Norway) are extremely quick to respond to background requests and have, uh, very thorough info on citizens, thinking this might be part of it. But most likely luck of the draw...All best wishes to you and others waiting, may you get PPR ASAP!

Reactions: evdm