+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

Da_loyality36

Oct 28, 2013
If I had to guess, I think your application has stayed in Mississauga because you haven’t heard anything and your background check has already started. I think it’s more likely they’d not send you the email to say it’s staying than you missing a transfer email and AOR2. I’d expect you won’t hear anything until your background check is finished in around 60-90 days. Unless they need anything eligibility wise but sounds like you’ve got a clear app. Just based on what I’ve read around this site.
I have the same issue. Ecas in Process. GC Key stated "We are processing your background check." sometime on April 17. Additional document was requested on the same day as well. Since then, only thing stated on the GC key is "We have received the additional documents you provided" and background check is still in process. Application is fully being processed at Mississauga.

Reactions: Knittingdemon

adiprince1

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hi guys my application was delivered by Canada post last week. Do you guys know how long it takes to get the received acknowledgement of my app? Thx

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
If I had to guess, I think your application has stayed in Mississauga because you haven’t heard anything and your background check has already started. I think it’s more likely they’d not send you the email to say it’s staying than you missing a transfer email and AOR2. I’d expect you won’t hear anything until your background check is finished in around 60-90 days. Unless they need anything eligibility wise but sounds like you’ve got a clear app. Just based on what I’ve read around this site.
Yeah I think this is correct based on what I've seen as well.

Reactions: Knittingdemon

ashpash22

Jan 15, 2018
Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
02-09-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
28-03-2018
Med's Done....
10-04-2018
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2018
Hi guys my application was delivered by Canada post last week. Do you guys know how long it takes to get the received acknowledgement of my app? Thx
6-8 weeks.

Reactions: adiprince1

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
I wonder if anyone more experienced want to make some guesses about my file. AOR1 April 12th, meds passed June 20th and background check in process that same day. I think my case is pretty straight-forward -- long relationship with marriage last year, identical ages and educational backgrounds, I've a Canadian MA before my PhD. But -- neither my sponsor nor I have received any email about staying in Mississauga or being transferred to my VO (London because I'm Scandinavian). In the SA email, it did not say anything about staying in Mississauga either. Has anyone had similar experiences? ECAS has said "in process" since April 13th or so, but there's no line saying "we started processing..."

Obviously this is very early in the game, I'm just curious as to what might be going on and where my app will end up and wonder if anyone has a clue...
Hi there,
I never received the file transfer email either and I live in London. I researched a bit and I was told that Mississauga might be processing my application. However, I was told that when the file gets transferred to the VO, OR the background check starts, you will get another line on ECAS that says “We started processing your application on 00/00/2018”.

Two weeks after my ECAS status changed from “Application Received” to “ In Process”, the line “ We started processing your application on 00/00/2018”, was added to my ECAS and that was 4 month ago.

I also heard, that LVO won’t bother sending AOR2 as they are very very busy. So I don’t know whether my application is in London or Mississauga?

Kind regards

Revenant

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
What happens after submitting my application?

If your application is complete, you will receive Acknoledgment of Receipt (AOR1) whithin 60 days, usually 45 to 56 days via email or less if lucky.

Then, if eligible, the sponsor will receive the Sponsor Approval email(SA) which contains the UCI (Unique Client ID) and application number to use for tracking the status of the application.

Then, if not submitted with the application:

1. Police Check Certificate Request(PCC)

2. Medical Exam Request

3. Request to pay for PR Card (RPRF)

4. Request to submit additional documents, 5. Request for any additional documents that were missing from your application.

At this stage, you can check the status of your application online(ECAS) or link your application to GCKEY.

Then you might receive a file transfer email to the Local Visa Office(VO).

God speed

Reactions: adiprince1
M

marilamb

What happens after submitting my application?

If your application is complete, you will receive Acknoledgment of Receipt (AOR1) whithin 60 days, usually 45 to 56 days via email or less if lucky.

Then, if eligible, the sponsor will receive the Sponsor Approval email(SA) which contains the UCI (Unique Client ID) and application number to use for tracking the status of the application.

Then, if not submitted with the application:

1. Police Check Certificate Request(PCC)

2. Medical Exam Request

3. Request to pay for PR Card (RPRF)

4. Request to submit additional documents, 5. Request for any additional documents that were missing from your application.

At this stage, you can check the status of your application online(ECAS) or link your application to GCKEY.

Then you might receive a file transfer email to the Local Visa Office(VO).

God speed
The RPRF is seeming like it can be paid at any time. We are already on background check and 4 months in and there has been no RPRF yet.

M

marilamb

Yup, You can pay it anytime.
Do you check the status on GC KEY or ECAS!
I check both daily. There still had been no request sadly. Makes me worried that there is something going wrong with his file. I am about to pay it July 1st if I still don't get the request.

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
I check both daily. There still had been no request sadly. Makes me worried that there is something going wrong with his file. I am about to pay it July 1st if I still don't get the request.
Be positive,
May I please ask what does your ECAS say?

Knittingdemon

Dec 27, 2017
Well, looks like all you guessers were correct, because my sponsor got an email this morning confirming that the application will stay in Mississauga! Thanks for playing, and I guess I'll really join this thread now :)

Reactions: ashpash22

Knittingdemon

Dec 27, 2017
Hi there,
I never received the file transfer email either and I live in London. I researched a bit and I was told that Mississauga might be processing my application. However, I was told that when the file gets transferred to the VO, OR the background check starts, you will get another line on ECAS that says “We started processing your application on 00/00/2018”.

Two weeks after my ECAS status changed from “Application Received” to “ In Process”, the line “ We started processing your application on 00/00/2018”, was added to my ECAS and that was 4 month ago.

I also heard, that LVO won’t bother sending AOR2 as they are very very busy. So I don’t know whether my application is in London or Mississauga?

Kind regards

Revenant
I just got confirmation that I am, indeed, at CPC-M. I wonder if you could straight-up ask CIC about this? It is helpful to know...best of luck!

Reactions: revenant

PandaChan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4, 2016
AOR Received.
July 21, 2016
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016
Med's Done....
June 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
PR approved Oct 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 11, 2016
Hey everyone! I'd like to ask a question on behalf of my friend who is sponsoring her husband to Canada via Outland Sponsorship.

She just got an email today stating that his application is going to be processed in Mississauga, which is all fine and good. Different from when I did this.

However, we are a little concerned about the Medical Request.
On I believe June 11th, the status on her account changed to say that they will be receiving either an email or letter for Medical Request. Now, June 26th, they still have not received anything for this. No letter in the mail, no email and nothing on the account messages either.

Is it normal for the Medical Request to take this long in reaching them?