+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

Navsidhu

Oct 6, 2016
Hi all,
My file was received at CPC-M on april,5. Medical done and SA received. No AOR2 or file transfer email but background check started on june,11. How can i know where is my file being processed, at mississauga or new delhi? Are the outland files from new delhi, completely processed at mississauga?

ashpash22

Jan 15, 2018
Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
02-09-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
28-03-2018
Med's Done....
10-04-2018
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2018
Our outland spousal sponsorship is being processed in Mississauga, it was received in the 13th of February, AOR1 26 march, schedule a, pcc, medicals passed a few days later, than we received communication we would stay in Miss and background check started at the end of april. We are at 4 months mark now and bgc since a month and a half almost, do you think it is time for a call to cic or to order notes?
No, there are quite a few of us in the same boat. Check the February thread, so far only one person who was received Feb 1 has gotten DM, there are plenty others (myself included) with a nearly identical timeline to you. There’s only about 6 people from Jan who have progressed beyond this stage as well. Best case scenario we could hear something at the end of this month but also highly likely we could go another few months without movement.

ashpash22

Jan 15, 2018
Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
02-09-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
28-03-2018
Med's Done....
10-04-2018
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2018
Hi all,
My file was received at CPC-M on april,5. Medical done and SA received. No AOR2 or file transfer email but background check started on june,11. How can i know where is my file being processed, at mississauga or new delhi? Are the outland files from new delhi, completely processed at mississauga?
No, many get sent to NDVO but if you haven’t received anything and you’re on background check then you might still be at Mississauga.

CountryGurl_GMC

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Morriston, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
20-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-03-2018
Med's Request
27-03-2018
What forms do we need? My husband is landing tonight! He is going to have stuff to follow so I know I need 2 forms.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
What forms do we need? My husband is landing tonight! He is going to have stuff to follow so I know I need 2 forms.
You actually only need the one, I mistakenly thought it was 2 as well but they shredded my other one at the border and had me combine them. The stuff with him and stuff to follow can all go on the one form.

rahuldokwal

May 31, 2016
Hello Friends,

I am a Canada PR holder and I am going to file my wife Sponsorship. Currently she is working in US but may travel to different location inside or outside county after I file the application. How will I notify CIC about the change and how will it affect the application?

I read on forums that she can travel to Canada on Visitor VISA, is she eligible to file work permit here?

Thanks for your help in advance.

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
Hello Friends,

I am a Canada PR holder and I am going to file my wife Sponsorship. Currently she is working in US but may travel to different location inside or outside county after I file the application. How will I notify CIC about the change and how will it affect the application?

I read on forums that she can travel to Canada on Visitor VISA, is she eligible to file work permit here?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Hey there,

As far as I know, if you want your wife to be with you and stay with you during the process:
  1. First prepare ALL your paperworks/application.
  2. Apply for the Police Check from all the countries that your wife lived over six month and country of her birth, and have the Police check ready in hand.
  3. Once all the paper works are ready, have her come to Canada and send your application to Sydney, Nova Scotia.
  4. If the application is complete, it will take almost 60 days for IRCC to acknowledge the receipt of your application, if lucky, 40 t0 56 days.
  5. I believe at the same time of submitting your application, you can apply for the work permit for her too. If not, you can apply after the submission of the application.
  6. If you follow this way, you are applying for an INLAND application which may take 18 to 24 month, I am not sure about the time line, but you can research more and find out.
  7. In this case, your wife can stay with you till the decision on your application is MADE.
If your wife is not going to stay with you during the process, you may consider applying for an OUTLAND application.

For outland application you mostly have to follow above instructions, except your wife won't be staying with you and the process will take about 12 month.

Research more about an INLAND and OUTLAND applications and then decide what is best for you.

Dont take my words for granted, research research and research.

Good luck.

Last edited:

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
Hey there,

As far as I know, if you want your wife to be with you and stay with you during the process:
  1. First prepare ALL your paperworks/application.
  2. Apply for the Police Check from all the countries that your wife lived over six month and country of her birth, and have the Police check ready in hand.
  3. Once all the paper works are ready, have her come to Canada and send your application to Sydney, Nova Scotia.
  4. If the application is complete, it will take almost 60 days for IRCC to acknowledge the receipt of your application, if lucky, 40 t0 56 days.
  5. I believe at the same time of submitting your application, you can apply for the work permit for her too. If not, you can apply after the submission of the application.
  6. If you follow this way, you are applying for an INLAND application which may take 18 to 24 month, I am not sure about the time line, but you can research more and find out.
  7. In this case, your wife can stay with you till the decision on your application is MADE.
If your wife is not going to stay with you during the process, you may consider applying for an OUTLAND application.

For outland application you mostly have to follow above instructions, except your wife won't be staying with you and the process will take about 12 month.

Research more about an INLAND and OUTLAND applications and then decide what is best for you.

Dont take my words for granted, research research and research.

Good luck.
my wife is outland and we are at almost 13 months....

Knittingdemon

Dec 27, 2017
I wonder if anyone more experienced want to make some guesses about my file. AOR1 April 12th, meds passed June 20th and background check in process that same day. I think my case is pretty straight-forward -- long relationship with marriage last year, identical ages and educational backgrounds, I've a Canadian MA before my PhD. But -- neither my sponsor nor I have received any email about staying in Mississauga or being transferred to my VO (London because I'm Scandinavian). In the SA email, it did not say anything about staying in Mississauga either. Has anyone had similar experiences? ECAS has said "in process" since April 13th or so, but there's no line saying "we started processing..."

Obviously this is very early in the game, I'm just curious as to what might be going on and where my app will end up and wonder if anyone has a clue...

ashpash22

Jan 15, 2018
Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
02-09-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
28-03-2018
Med's Done....
10-04-2018
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2018
I wonder if anyone more experienced want to make some guesses about my file. AOR1 April 12th, meds passed June 20th and background check in process that same day. I think my case is pretty straight-forward -- long relationship with marriage last year, identical ages and educational backgrounds, I've a Canadian MA before my PhD. But -- neither my sponsor nor I have received any email about staying in Mississauga or being transferred to my VO (London because I'm Scandinavian). In the SA email, it did not say anything about staying in Mississauga either. Has anyone had similar experiences? ECAS has said "in process" since April 13th or so, but there's no line saying "we started processing..."

Obviously this is very early in the game, I'm just curious as to what might be going on and where my app will end up and wonder if anyone has a clue...
If I had to guess, I think your application has stayed in Mississauga because you haven’t heard anything and your background check has already started. I think it’s more likely they’d not send you the email to say it’s staying than you missing a transfer email and AOR2. I’d expect you won’t hear anything until your background check is finished in around 60-90 days. Unless they need anything eligibility wise but sounds like you’ve got a clear app. Just based on what I’ve read around this site.

Reactions: Knittingdemon