+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

prettybutterfly

Feb 26, 2018
Sure, it does have the same high bar as other H&C, and one of the fundamental requirement is that if the case is denied that will cause extreme hardship to the applicant and/or sponsor. And there aren't many circumstances can be counted as extreme hardship.
what is considered as extreme hardship?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
yeah the thing is that we already sent our file (haven't received aor yet), we really couldn't stand to be apart from each other for two years... :(
No, you still didn't get it. If CIC decided to initiate the process to revoke your PR status, because you didn't meet your RO, you will lose your PR, and your case will be denied and you have to leave Canada.

prettybutterfly

Feb 26, 2018
No, you still didn't get it. If CIC decided to initiate the process to revoke your PR status, because you didn't meet your RO, you will lose your PR, and your case will be denied and you have to leave Canada.
I understand but what are the other possibilities? and which one is the most likely to happen?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
what is considered as extreme hardship?
Well, it really a case by case situation. Sometimes the interests of a Canadian minor can play as a major roll, sometimes it doesn't. And you don't want to go to that route, it is because the H&C will take years to process, besides of low approval rate.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
I understand but what are the other possibilities? and which one is the most likely to happen?
There are couple possibilities you can try, one is that since your application is still at it's very early stage, you can simply withdraw your application now, then after you successfully renew you PR card, then reapply ( I believe this is the best option), the other one is to renounce your PR status, and apply your own PR from the scratch, and list your wife as your accompany dependent.
Anyway, before you take any moves, please consult with a good immigration lawyer for your options.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
if they take the case to H&C do they inform the sponsor and applicant or not?
They don't automatically take the case to H&C, you need to apply that way. And to your case, it most likely is an appeal, instead of a regular application. And once your eligibility is under review, you will definitely be on CIC's radar for your RO problem, you don't want that happen.

And if you said you couldn't separate for two years, that H&C route will definitely separate you for more than two years, even at the end your H&C appeal can be allowed.

prettybutterfly

Feb 26, 2018
They don't automatically take the case to H&C, you need to apply that way. And to your case, it most likely is an appeal, instead of a regular application. And once your eligibility is under review, you will definitely be on CIC's radar for your RO problem, you don't want that happen.
how to apply for h&c? there wasn't anything on the forms... is it an online application while it is being processed?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
how to apply for h&c? there wasn't anything on the forms... is it an online application while it is being processed?
Trust me, you don't have the ground for H&C. Don't waste your time and money on that. And CIC takes RO very seriously. I still believe that the best option for you now is to withdraw your application before AOR1. Take yourself off the CIC's radar, and wait till you successfully renew your PR card, then reapply.

Reactions: betterthanyoko

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
I received my COPR today, and I need to seriously prepare my moving now. I had checked the information for followup goods, and I noticed that it is forbiddened to import used mattress to Canada, does that mean I have to toss all our mattresses away?

Twinny

Star Member
May 7, 2015
I received my COPR today, and I need to seriously prepare my moving now. I had checked the information for followup goods, and I noticed that it is forbiddened to import used mattress to Canada, does that mean I have to toss all our mattresses away?
Ooh I would also be interested in that also

yukkiRN

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
Med's Done....
22-12-2017
There is a thread about bringing back mattress. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/question-about-returning-citizens-importing-mattress.416130/
See post #14.
I checked the government website just to make sure it is current. http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/dm-md/d9/d9-1-7-eng.html
As a returning Canadian, you will be fine with mattress :)

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
How long are people waiting for movement after submitting additional docs?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017