Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
Question about PPR Self-Addressed envelope: who did you mark as "Sender" for the return envelope?

I created a FedEx account to generate a return waybill for CIC to return PP&COPR. It seems obvious that if I'm the recipient, then the sender would be the Ottawa address where we are sending it out to. I say it seems obvious, but I wanted to check what other people had done. I no longer take obvious for granted in this process ;)
i didnt use a courier because we couldnt...we dont live in the country where our VO is...but on my self addressed envelope i didnt include a senders address and it was fine.

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
I don't know what to think. I've sat here crying for the past 20 minutes. I just can't do this anymore. They can't give ANY reassurance or UPDATED information. We are just a number. I read on here that people from August and September 2017 getting PR and on their way to a life here and I'm just wasting away and lost all hope. I mentally CAN'T do another 14 months or another month at this point. It will be a year March....everything I sent in has expired once already and had to be resent and paid for...I mean what more can they ask for? I've done everything and have zero criminal or record of any kind, medically perfect.....can't see the hold up. I would really like to work and contribute to my life someday, have a future and I've officially lost hope today.
are you living in Canada? i thought if you applied inland you could also apply for a work permit while you wait? is that not possible?
i hope it gets sorted for you soon.
keep us posted. all the best.

TypsyGypsy

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
are you living in Canada? i thought if you applied inland you could also apply for a work permit while you wait? is that not possible?
i hope it gets sorted for you soon.
keep us posted. all the best.
I have been in Canada on a (have to renew every 6 months) Visitor Record, for 2.5 years. I had to apply outbound application/living in Canada. I do not qualify for an open work permit unless my VR is good for 6 months or more. This was just revealed to me when I asked several times, and a few wasted trips (suggested by CIC officer) to several points of entry. Was told I did, was told I didn't, was told I did, was told I didn't, then was told not enough time on my VR.....they have made my life such a joy! Currently I still wait...12 months. Doesn't look like my file is worth looking at or completing. This process ruins lives and marriages.

TypsyGypsy

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
On January 30, 2018...CIC requested that I sent a medical and an FBI check on my 19 year old son, living in the U.S, that is non-accompanying. When I sent in my application, my Immigration Attorney said to send explanation along with my cover letter, that my son (since he's under 22 years old, is required to be on application) was NOT ACCOMPANYING me to Canada. He did not consent to a medical or FBI check, I also had his father (whom he lives with), write a letter and sign that they do not consent. (son sent signed letter too). I Sent my letter and their 2 letters in to CIC by courier (was told I had to courier not send online, was $40 CAN, that was unnecessary) they have received but I am now assuming that since they gave me 90 days for the FBI...they won't be looking at my file again for another 3 months!!?? They haven't changed anything on ECAS, I never received an e-mail, or mail correspondence in regards to receiving and accepting the signed letters explaining that we all know that it means I can NOT sponsor my son in the future. So......my 12 months is up in a few days, and assume that that means now my application will take much longer!? I really don't know what to do anymore. This wait time is ridiculous! The lack of information and ability to contact anyone. This is the single worst experience in my entire life. Absolutely unbelievable!

afaulds

Feb 26, 2018
Hello everyone. I'm just wondering where I'm at in the application process. Everything I've found doesn't seem to match up with the order I'm getting things (I know it can vary from person to person). My husband is a Canadian citizen sponsoring me, our application was received November 30th 2017. I submitted my medicals a week after requested (February 14 medical exam was taken). My husband did not receive a sponsor approval but did receive a letter stating my case will be processed in Mississauga. On his ecas, it says "decision made" under the sponsorship column.

Here's what my online account and ecas look like as of today:

Thank you guys for all of your informational posts, it's really helped us a lot in filing our paperwork! :)

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hello everyone. I'm just wondering where I'm at in the application process. Everything I've found doesn't seem to match up with the order I'm getting things (I know it can vary from person to person). My husband is a Canadian citizen sponsoring me, our application was received November 30th 2017. I submitted my medicals a week after requested (February 14 medical exam was taken). My husband did not receive a sponsor approval but did receive a letter stating my case will be processed in Mississauga. On his ecas, it says "decision made" under the sponsorship column.

Here's what my online account and ecas look like as of today:

Thank you guys for all of your informational posts, it's really helped us a lot in filing our paperwork! :)
Based on recent trends for CPC-Mississauga folks, the whole process will take approx. 4 and half months to five, so you are probably looking at somewhere in May (supposed in April, but cuz the holidays in Dec. and short month of Feb.) to get DM, if your case is pretty straight forward. So, I guess that currently, your case is at BGC stage.

Reactions: afaulds

karagreer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
29-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
14-11-2017
Med's Request
10-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2018
LANDED..........
12-09-2018
For those who are living outside Canada and who received a request for additional proof that the sponsor intends to return to Canada:
How long did it take for them to review the additional docs and proceed to Passport Request? I know that every case is different, but I'm just trying to get an idea.
On Jan. 24, my husband (the PA) received the request for additional proof that I (sponsor) plan to return to Canada once he gets PR; we submitted documents on Feb 10 via the webform; confirmation of received documents on Feb 16th. Full timeline is in my signature below. Thank you for any insight!

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Got all the additional documents requested submitted lastnight via webform. Any idea how long until ppr, roughly?

BlueSkiesHere

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-07-2017
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
Med's Done....
17-09-2017
Passport Req..
04-02-2018
LANDED..........
25-02-2018
Landed yesterday after a short US vacation.
All the best to everyone being processed at MISS, I hope your applications go as quick as mine.

prettybutterfly

Feb 26, 2018
hi guys
i have a question, we recently sent our outland application (mississauga) haven't received AOR yet, could we create accounts now? or should we wait for them to tell us?
if it's possible and we create accounts do we still get email for AOR?

Last edited:

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
I’m gckey review of additional documents changed to “not applicable” what does this mean?

dimples7881

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
I had issues with my GCKey updating information. I called CIC to get updated information during the time I was waiting for a medical request, and was told they had in fact already e-mailed it to me...it was not there in junk or anything. I mentioned that and they had my e-mail correct. The CIC person re e-mailed it to me while I was on the phone. I had the medical, and my doctor sent it via e-medical...online for me. I then inquired about whether they received it and they had. So now I check as much as possible online and by phone....they delayed my medical by a week since I hadn't actually received the request. Luckily I called and got it done asap. I'm hoping to hear a response of DM sometime this month. I would call if you can get through just to be safe! After I did everything and verified they received everything my status online changed to We are reviewing your medical results.
Hi, I have a question, husband is being sponsored outland, but I got my sponsor approval, then medical request but my question is why is CPC requesting the medical? And not his home land of Jamaica? What does this mean? Is there anything to be concerned to why the cpc Mississauga hasn't sent it to Kingston Jamaica yet?? Will it eventually go there or??

TypsyGypsy

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Hi, I have a question, husband is being sponsored outland, but I got my sponsor approval, then medical request but my question is why is CPC requesting the medical? And not his home land of Jamaica? What does this mean? Is there anything to be concerned to why the cpc Mississauga hasn't sent it to Kingston Jamaica yet?? Will it eventually go there or??
HI! I'm not completely sure I understand, or if I can give the correct answer. Are you saying that you got approval to sponsor and your medical was requested? As far as I know, Canada will request their own medical from your husband (applicant). I don't think Jamaica will request a medical if you are applying to sponsor him here in Canada....Canada requests the medical...in that case, you will have to go to a GP in Canada, in your area to have the medical done, pay for it and either you or your GP will send it in. In my case, My husband is my sponsor, and when CIC requested my medical, I went to a place (on the list of GP's) in my area and had my medical done, paid for it, and my GP sent it in via e-mail. I received a copy of my receipt. That was it. I am from the United States, and the United States did not request a medical for me...make sense? FBI or Background check however, Canada will require you to get an FBI police check from Jamaica (and any country you lived in for a period of time I can't remember) and that takes some time to get back so even if they haven't requested it yet, I would send out for it....mine took a LONG time to get back and then they couldn't read my prints so I got a letter months later saying that and had to get them re-done....just a thought. I think they only give you 90 days from the request to get FBI in to them.