+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

TypsyGypsy

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
I want to send in my request for notes. Do I just fill out the consent form and the rest my husband (Canadian Citizen) fills out? I want the PR info right and the notes from the officer on our file?

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
I don't know what to think. I've sat here crying for the past 20 minutes. I just can't do this anymore. They can't give ANY reassurance or UPDATED information. We are just a number. I read on here that people from August and September 2017 getting PR and on their way to a life here and I'm just wasting away and lost all hope. I mentally CAN'T do another 14 months or another month at this point. It will be a year March....everything I sent in has expired once already and had to be resent and paid for...I mean what more can they ask for? I've done everything and have zero criminal or record of any kind, medically perfect.....can't see the hold up. I would really like to work and contribute to my life someday, have a future and I've officially lost hope today.
Have you already gone all the usual avenues, i.e. email VO politely reminding of their commitment to process within 12 months and ask for update, contact your MP etc? I guess since you're still under 12 months you don't have much recourse. But keep those things in mind for March, and if they yield nothing then you could consider contacting CBC's Go Public.

TypsyGypsy

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Have you already gone all the usual avenues, i.e. email VO politely reminding of their commitment to process within 12 months and ask for update, contact your MP etc? I guess since you're still under 12 months you don't have much recourse. But keep those things in mind for March, and if they yield nothing then you could consider contacting CBC's Go Public.
I have been dealing with a MP (intern I imagine), I did get some answers there about 4 months ago, then their office was moved around and she's gone now, new fella on our file is useless. Called CIC get a different answer every time I call. Was told today that since I applied in March 2017, that I was still subject to 26 months not 12, as that didn't go into effect until Dec 2017. No one knows anything. 1 year March. Was told once my medicals passed months ago....now nothing, BGC apparently was done as well, now still ongoing. My son in the states is 19, had to add him to my application even though he's not accompanying me to Canada but had to get signed letters stating that I know I can't sponsor him in future, from myself, my ex, and my son.....nothing heard. They received but can't tell me anything about anymore hold up. Read that requesting notes could have them check into file. I won't wait another 14 months, I will be moving back to states at end of April if this isn't resolved.

cupsndimps

Jan 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-11-2017
Doc's Request.
15-01-2018
AOR Received.
15-01-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
23-01-2018
Med's Done....
05-02-2018
Passport Req..
30-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2018
Hi all,

I'm a November applicant and my VO is Mississauga.
When I checked GCkey yesterday, it says background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. But my ECAS is still 'application received.' I thought I get ECAS in process first then get background check status. But it seems different.

Anyone had this situation?
Thanks!

bluegirl08

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
18-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-09-2017
File Transfer...
20-10-2017
Med's Request
04-10-2017
What are the possible border questions when you are landing to get PR? Im just little bit worried coz my husband does not speak english very well. He will be landing today at the Toronto pearson airport, coming from Bermuda.

NorthwardCA

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Hi all,

I'm a November applicant and my VO is Mississauga.
When I checked GCkey yesterday, it says background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. But my ECAS is still 'application received.' I thought I get ECAS in process first then get background check status. But it seems different.

Anyone had this situation?
Thanks!
Not exactly the same situation, but also out of sync. On the same day that GCKey said BGC In Progress, ECAS said Decision Made. But then, in ECAS, when I clicked on the status, it just said Received. It took another day before ECAS even said In Progress when I clicked on Decision Made link.

So all I would say is when stuff starts to move, the statuses change at different paces in the different portals. I wouldn't sweat it. I'd take it as good news that there is movement.

Reactions: cupsndimps

NorthwardCA

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Question about PPR Self-Addressed envelope: who did you mark as "Sender" for the return envelope?

I created a FedEx account to generate a return waybill for CIC to return PP&COPR. It seems obvious that if I'm the recipient, then the sender would be the Ottawa address where we are sending it out to. I say it seems obvious, but I wanted to check what other people had done. I no longer take obvious for granted in this process ;)

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
What are the possible border questions when you are landing to get PR? Im just little bit worried coz my husband does not speak english very well. He will be landing today at the Toronto pearson airport, coming from Bermuda.
This is what they asked me - do you have your landing paperwork. Have you ever committed a crime or been asked to leave Canada. Do you have any dependents that you did not declare on your application. What address do you want your PR card sent to. And that was it :)

Reo1

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
Saw an October applicant processed in Mississauga get his PPR -- his application was the beginning of October tho. Hope to be hearing something soon. Honestly not really expecting to hear from them until March, but still hopeful for something sooner!

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Saw an October applicant processed in Mississauga get his PPR -- his application was the beginning of October tho. Hope to be hearing something soon. Honestly not really expecting to hear from them until March, but still hopeful for something sooner!
Ya, if your case is pretty straight forward, you probably will get your DM between mid to end of March. Currently, CPC-Mississauga folks with straight forward cases get PPR in 4-5 months range from the day that CIC received the application.

Reactions: Reo1

Aries69

Oct 24, 2015
Dear seniors please advise.
Our spousalapplication received by cic on 3rd January ,2018 and yesterday sponsor received acknowledgement (Aor 1) that your application received and they gave us UCI # and application number.
my question is;
when we will get Sponsor approval ?
can we link application now or after getting aor 2? because in aor 1 they didn't tell us about linking of application .

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
Dear seniors please advise.
Our spousalapplication received by cic on 3rd January ,2018 and yesterday sponsor received acknowledgement (Aor 1) that your application received and they gave us UCI # and application number.
my question is;
when we will get Sponsor approval ?
can we link application now or after getting aor 2? because in aor 1 they didn't tell us about linking of application .
Regarding sponsor approval, you'll get it when you get it, basically. There isn't a set amount of time and it's different for everyone. Some people get SA quickly and others end up waiting longer. Took us almost two months to get SA, but I don't think most folks have to wait that long.

You can link your application anytime.

NorthwardCA

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Question about PPR Self-Addressed envelope: who did you mark as "Sender" for the return envelope?

I created a FedEx account to generate a return waybill for CIC to return PP&COPR. It seems obvious that if I'm the recipient, then the sender would be the Ottawa address where we are sending it out to. I say it seems obvious, but I wanted to check what other people had done. I no longer take obvious for granted in this process ;)
Any thoughts on this?

Reo1

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ya, if your case is pretty straight forward, you probably will get your DM between mid to end of March. Currently, CPC-Mississauga folks with straight forward cases get PPR in 4-5 months range from the day that CIC received the application.
Awesome. Def gonna keep my fingers crossed. Is it fairly normal for Mississauga to not update gckey and ecas?