+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
My wife just got a request for state background checks from Delaware and Maryland. Also asked for “court judgement” for her dismissed dui.

Looks like someone finally picked up our file
Jeff, hopefully you will have some good news happen to your case soon.

CountryGurl_GMC

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Morriston, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
20-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-03-2018
Med's Request
27-03-2018
I couldn't help but giggle at your signature saying your application has been signed for tomorrow. I appreciate your optimism. :p
Good luck with your app!
With the amount of money I just paid UPS - I have nothing but optimism lol

Reo1

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
My wife just got a request for state background checks from Delaware and Maryland. Also asked for “court judgement” for her dismissed dui.

Looks like someone finally picked up our file
Glad your file is finally moving along. Hope it's smooth sailing from here! Good luck!!

Reactions: CountryGurl_GMC

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Glad your file is finally moving along. Hope it's smooth sailing from here! Good luck!!
Hopefully they are just verifying what we have told them with the state level background checks!

Reo1

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
This is the email I received from my MP

Hello Jeff,

Per our conversation yesterday, I can confirm that you have there is a PR sponsorship application received March 29, 2017.

The status is as follows:

Sponsor Eligibility: Passed

Applicant Eligibility : in progress

Security and criminality checks: not yet started

Notes indicate that the file was to be sent to the Ottawa CPC (from Mississauga)for the remainder of the processing. To date the file remains in Mississauga. There was an inquiry made on the file, likely trigger from an inquiry you made to the call center on or about Jan 24th. The response from Mississauga was received on Jan 25 indicating that the file was being reviewed and file being sent to Ottawa CPC was pending per this review.

There is nothing currently outstanding on the file i.e. there is nothing IRCC has asked for that you have not provided.

I’ll check on the file in about a month’s time (beginning of March) but if there is any correspondence that comes up in the mean-time please let me know.

Kind regards,
Hey Jeff, how'd you find your MP?

BlueSkiesHere

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-07-2017
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
Med's Done....
17-09-2017
Passport Req..
04-02-2018
LANDED..........
25-02-2018
Hooray, woke up to PPR!
No changes > BGIP > PPR all within 24 hours!

Though the PPR email has my old address on it, I should probably call to make sure that's sorted, right?

Twinny

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Congrats on COPR! What did you end up doing for your "proof to return to Canada"?
Thank you I'm so excited! I wrote a declaration about how I wanted to return, I got my dad to write a letter from Canada saying I have mentioned it Many times etc, also had my boss write a letter saying we have been planning my departure as I'm a manager in the NHS, then added a copy of our house valuation in preparation to sell and also screen shots of social media posts where I mention it and final piece was emails of husband sending me houses to look at in kingston which is where we are looking to move to! So glad it worked

Reactions: betterthanyoko

JSNH

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
31-08-2017
Doc's Request.
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-10-2017
File Transfer...
08-02-2017
Med's Request
20-10-2017
Med's Done....
02-11-2017
We recieved an email on October 16th saying our application would be processed in Mississauga. Yesterday we received an email saying it’s being forwarded to London Visa Office. Is this because they don’t think our relationship is genuine?

NMBCMD

Dec 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Misssissauga
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
AOR Received.
01-09-2017
Med's Request
11-09-2017
Med's Done....
03-10-2017
Received COPR today in the mail!! Mailed PPR stuff January 24th through FedEx.

I was in Canada for over a year as temporary resident but returned to the states to wait out the rest of the process. When I go to cross the border and declare goods and all that will I be considered a "settler" or a "former resident?" I'm a bit confused. I am not really gonna have too may things to declare anyway. Mostly just my clothes and stuff. Will that look fishy? I brought my other stuff when I came to Canada back in 2016 to start this whole process and even then it was just a few things (record player with a few records).

And also when I had originally came into Canada I had a car with me that I had intended to drive back a few weeks later but it was kinda on its last leg so I just left it up there (haven't driven it at all cuz it wasn't legal for me to do so) and am gonna give it to a junkyard when I get back up there. Will I be asked how I came into Canada in the first place and If I tell the agents that will that get me into trouble?

Reactions: linnykez

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
We recieved an email on October 16th saying our application would be processed in Mississauga. Yesterday we received an email saying it’s being forwarded to London Visa Office. Is this because they don’t think our relationship is genuine?
It doesn't mean they don't think your relationship is genuine, but it does mean they felt your application needed a further look. That could be due to anything at all related to the background, criminality, security, eligibility, etc. If you were originally kept in Mississauga it means you were OB570 streamed. They do have a provision in the OB570 documentation stating an application can be transferred to the originally intended VO. It says: "if a CPC officer assesses that further review is required". Try not to panic - it could be anything and I think we do have people here on the forum who were transferred to their VO after being kept in Mississauga and have successfully gotten PPR