+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

Theateam

Nov 8, 2017
Was your criminality and security started before January 8th?

Thanks for giving me hope!
It was not. And when we called CIC, they confirmed that all they could see was the schedule A received in May and NOTHING after that date. Then on January 8th, it showed background check in progress and PPR came a week or so later. So yes, don’t worry! I know how you feel. I felt the same, but they are working on it. Believe me! Now tomorrow marks the 12 month deadline for us, so we are curious to see if they’ll meet it lol

Last edited:
Reactions: jeff198901

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
It was not. And when we called CIC, they confirmed that all they could see was the schedule A received in March and NOTHING after that date. Then on January 8th, it showed background check in progress and PPR came a few weeks later. So yes, don’t worry! I know how you feel. I felt the same, but they are working on it. Believe me!
My MP was super nice to deal with. She told me if I hear nothing by feb 29 to give her a call and she will make another inquiry

Reactions: Theateam

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
She only said average is 12 months. Could go over.

She told me she opened a case for us. Whatever that means and to call back in a month if we have no updates

I have 2 months left of waiting. Does this not seem like a lot of progress to happen in 2 months?
Not really. My GCMS notes issued Dec 6 made it look like the app had not been touched, criminality, eligibility, security all said not started. I had DM and PPR December 29

Reactions: jeff198901

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Not really. My GCMS notes issued Dec 6 made it look like the app had not been touched, criminality, eligibility, security all said not started. I had DM and PPR December 29
That is reassuring

Twinny

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Hi there, I added an additional letter outlining our 'Plan A' to live together in Canada once COPR approved. I added this as it said I had to prove that it was my intention to live with my spouse upon approval and nowhere on the form was a suitable area to elaborate on this area. My letter just laid down what my plans were for employment and housing as well as how we would support ourselves financially.
I also added an extra paragraph with a 'Plan B' should the first not work out. As we are not entirely sure what geographical region we will eventually settle, like yourself, we gave a rough location with a caveat that this may change.
To be honest it was a bit vague in areas but honest and upfront. So far this hasn't been queried. It was always my intention to confirm elements of the letter if and when they were finalised before landing/approval. If nothing changed then the letter would be all they would have. They understand that not everything has been nailed down before arriving in Canada but are keen to see some intent and plan.
It effectively worked as an affidavit as it was a signed and dated document (by me) that I could be held account for.
Hope this helps.
Did you get your approval yet? I' trying to see how long after sending the evidence it took to get a decision thanks

HockeyNightInCanada

Oct 15, 2017
Oxfordshire, UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
Doc's Request.
31-10-2017
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
27-10-2017
Med's Done....
03-11-2017
Interview........
N/A
Did you get your approval yet? I' trying to see how long after sending the evidence it took to get a decision thanks
If you're talking Sponsor Approval then yes , some time ago, and received PPR yesterday; already sent back with photos and tracking. Expand my timeline on the left to see the dates.
Also, as I mentioned earlier, it would appear there is no 'normal' timeline or procedure as every VO appears to be doing things subtly differently and are taking different times to reach the end goal of COPR. Some give routine updates throughout, whilst others (like CPC-M) do the work behind the scenes and then it's a case of bang, bang, bang with updates and requests in a very short timeframe. Keep hope and it will churn through in due course.

Reactions: Twinny

Twinny

Star Member
May 7, 2015
If you're talking Sponsor Approval then yes , some time ago, and received PPR yesterday; already sent back with photos and tracking. Expand my timeline on the left to see the dates.
Also, as I mentioned earlier, it would appear there is no 'normal' timeline or procedure as every VO appears to be doing things subtly differently and are taking different times to reach the end goal of COPR. Some give routine updates throughout, whilst others (like CPC-M) do the work behind the scenes and then it's a case of bang, bang, bang with updates and requests in a very short timeframe. Keep hope and it will churn through in due course.
Thank you so much just looked at your time line what is ECAS?

HockeyNightInCanada

Oct 15, 2017
Oxfordshire, UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
Doc's Request.
31-10-2017
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
27-10-2017
Med's Done....
03-11-2017
Interview........
N/A
Thank you so much just looked at your time line what is ECAS?
ECAS is another online tool provided by IRCC to allow you to check the status of your application using your details.
Google ‘IRCC online tool’ and it comes up as the top hit, then just enter your details and you will get other supporting info like ‘In Process’ or ‘Decision Made’ etc. Click on the underlined title and another page with additional lines will open. Don’t be alarmed if this does or doesn’t change/populate quickly as each VO uses the 2 systems differently. I think MyCIC was supposed to replace this but at the moment they kind of work in tandem!

Twinny

Star Member
May 7, 2015
ECAS is another online tool provided by IRCC to allow you to check the status of your application using your details.
Google ‘IRCC online tool’ and it comes up as the top hit, then just enter your details and you will get other supporting info like ‘In Process’ or ‘Decision Made’ etc. Click on the underlined title and another page with additional lines will open. Don’t be alarmed if this does or doesn’t change/populate quickly as each VO uses the 2 systems differently. I think MyCIC was supposed to replace this but at the moment they kind of work in tandem!
Wicked thank you so much

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
I used an App called PDF expert on my iPad to enter the info; it did create text boxes for the contents. If my app hadn't worked I would have just printed it, filled it in by hand and then scanned it back in as a PDF and sent it in.

No same country as the VO issuing the COPR; although CPC-M are processing my application, my photos had to go to LVO (I am in the UK). I used Royal Mail Special Delivery A4 envelope for both sending to the Canadian High Commission in London and for the self addressed envelope for the return journey. It worked out about £6.25 each way. It was clear that the post office have done this many times and were very helpful.
Thank you. I guess ill print everything off and scan it all in....
Lucky youre in UK. Im in Ireland and have to use London VO, i too was processed in Mississauga.
I guess regular post will have to do.

Another question...did you include sponsor info on the Appendix A chart?

Last edited:

JSNH

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
31-08-2017
Doc's Request.
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-10-2017
File Transfer...
08-02-2017
Med's Request
20-10-2017
Med's Done....
02-11-2017
To any of you in the U.K. are you shipping your belongings over to Canada?

HockeyNightInCanada

Oct 15, 2017
Oxfordshire, UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
Doc's Request.
31-10-2017
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
27-10-2017
Med's Done....
03-11-2017
Interview........
N/A
Thank you. I guess ill print everything off and scan it all in....
Lucky youre in UK. Im in Ireland and have to use London VO, i too was processed in Mississauga.
I guess regular post will have to do.

Another question...did you include sponsor info on the Appendix A chart?
Yes I did add the sponsor in the spouse slot.

Reactions: betterthanyoko

HockeyNightInCanada

Oct 15, 2017
Oxfordshire, UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
Doc's Request.
31-10-2017
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
27-10-2017
Med's Done....
03-11-2017
Interview........
N/A
To any of you in the U.K. are you shipping your belongings over to Canada?
Yes. At the early stages though and been getting online quotes anywhere between £3000-£10,000 for a 20ft container.

I was chatting to a mate of mine who has his own removals business (who I'll probably end up using) but he did say shop around and don't be afraid to haggle going back and forth against each other to get the price down. He also said, if you ask them to break any quote down into UK removals, shipping costs and Canada removals they have to be a bit more transparent in the charges.
He also said that you will pay a bit less (per volume) and have a quicker experience if you can go the Full Container Load (FCL) rather than the LCL (limited I think).

JSNH

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
31-08-2017
Doc's Request.
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-10-2017
File Transfer...
08-02-2017
Med's Request
20-10-2017
Med's Done....
02-11-2017
Yes. At the early stages though and been getting online quotes anywhere between £3000-£10,000 for a 20ft container.

I was chatting to a mate of mine who has his own removals business (who I'll probably end up using) but he did say shop around and don't be afraid to haggle going back and forth against each other to get the price down. He also said, if you ask them to break any quote down into UK removals, shipping costs and Canada removals they have to be a bit more transparent in the charges.
He also said that you will pay a bit less (per volume) and have a quicker experience if you can go the Full Container Load (FCL) rather than the LCL (limited I think).
Oh my! It’s definitely not cheap.

We will have to look into the cost of a shared container. We don’t have nearly enough stuff to fill 20ft!

Reactions: betterthanyoko